Legal-NEW YORK-Vice President- Cybersecurity Attorney
|Published||May 25, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
As a Cybersecurity Attorney, you will serve as the legal subject matter expert for cybersecurity, working closely with the Tech Risk organization (our Information Security team), Legal & Compliance stakeholders, Government Affairs, and relevant businesses. You will play a critical role in managing the firm's legal, regulatory, and reputational risks arising from information security and cybersecurity issues across our consumer and institutional businesses. You will provide pragmatic and actionable legal advice firmwide. You may also represent the firm externally by engaging with trade groups on cybersecurity topics. Although the role is intended to focus exclusively on cybersecurity, candidates may also spend meaningful time handling privacy-related matters.
- Advise on legal obligations, regulatory expectations, reputational concerns, and risks pertaining to governance of the firm's information security/cybersecurity practices
- Help guide the firm's strategy in responding to new and proposed laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance
- Assist with the firm's response to cybersecurity regulatory examinations and certifications
- Lead the response to cybersecurity incidents, working closely with the Global Cyber Defense & Intelligence (GCDI) team, the impacted business, and Legal/Compliance/Risk colleagues, and help maintain the incident response plan.
- Draft and negotiate security-focused contractual terms for vendor and client engagements
- Monitor developments that may create new security obligations or expectations, and advise senior leadership on the legal implications of the change
- Law degree and license to practice law in at least one state
- Approximately 5 years of relevant cybersecurity legal experience (e.g., counseling, incident response, regulatory engagement on cyber topics)
- Excellent interpersonal and client skills; ability to build and maintain strong relationship with relevant business and control groups within the firm
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply, both orally and in writing, and to present clear choices
- Excellent project management and time management skills, ability to handle multiple internal clients and projects
- Experience at a leading law firm, large financial institution, or financial regulator
- Security management credentials (e.g., CISSP, CISM)
- Familiarity with non-US regulation of cybersecurity
- Experience counseling on compliance with privacy laws, negotiating privacy-related contractual provisions, and/or drafting privacy policies
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $170000-$270000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .