|Date Posted||September 22, 2021|
Job Title: Lead SEIM Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL or N. Dallas, TX
Our client, a global leader in the Financial Services Industry, is seeking a Lead SEIM Cybersecurity Engineer to join their Cybersecurity Services (CS) organization, which is focused on protecting the corporation from cybersecurity risks through world class cyber risk management, talent and governance practices. Cybersecurity Engineering is responsible for providing best in class security services to the enterprise specifically to Security Information Event Management, Vulnerability Management, Identity Access Management, Cloud Security, Network Security, etc.
This position will be reporting to the Director, Cybersecurity Engineering within Cybersecurity Engineering team.The product owner/lead for Security Information Event Management (SIEM) will be responsible for the day-to-day decisioning and implementing the vision of the SIEM roadmap.SIEM includes security logging and monitoring, logging platforms, database activity monitoring, behavior analytics, security orchestration (SOAR), intrusion detection/prevention systems, and incident response capabilities.
Candidates must reside in the Dallas, TX, Tampa, FL or NYC/N. NJ areas. As this employer supports the financial services industry, you must be able to successfully pass a strenuous background check process. You should have experience working in a large corporate environment, FinServ experience would be very helpful, to understand the regulatory aspects of the job. Candidates must be US Citizens or authorized to work for any US based company without sponsorship
- Be the Product Owner for SIEM Engineering agile team
- Influence the direction of the SIEM roadmap by proactively looking forward on security gaps that require planning
- Work closely with business partners to prioritize backlogs and can measure the impact of new features addition as needed
- Provide iteration planning, backlog management, and facilitate agile ceremonies with Scrum Master
- Be the champion of agile team for driving of multiple projects through scrum and build product vision, strategy for security transformation
- Participate in scoping and release planning with team members and motivate team with transparent goals
- Build partnership with stakeholders and management up to date with status of major deliverables and sustain strong working relation with business partners, peers and agile team to enhance business value
*Note: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above*
Experience & qualifications required:
- Strong Information Security experience in SIEM and security incident management technologies.
- Strong people leadership skills with experience leading Agile security engineering team
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Cybersecurity engineering, design, implementation and documentation
- Knowledge of industry-standard Information Security frameworks, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of network and infrastructure (Networking protocol knowledge is an advantage- TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, firewalls, proxies, IDS, IPS etc.)
- Security certifications (CEH, CCSP, CISSP, OSCP) are a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters, or equivalent experience
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com