|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
Lead Cybersecurity Operations Engineer
What you will do
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We are harnessing the power of cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
In this career defining opportunity within the Global Product Security organization, you will report to the Director, Global Product Security Operations and leverage your deep technical expertise to help solve one of the most interesting problems in technology today: advanced monitoring and protection of IoT and Industrial Control System Security. The Global Product Security Operations team is responsible for managing Product Security Incident Response, Product Vulnerability Management and developing Security Monitoring capabilities for commercial products. The successful candidate will provide expert level technical vision and leadership for all aspects of Product Security Operations, leveraging both experience and creativity in this emerging technology space. The ideal candidate is a respected technical leader with a wide variety of experiences in cybersecurity, software engineering, teamwork, mentorship, and ability to collaboratively create a vision and operational plan that drives program success..
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in building a best-in-class product cybersecurity program that differentiates Johnson Controls in the marketplace.
How you will do it
- Serve as the Security Operations technical leader and advise overall program direction.
- Represent Security Operations in the design and development of next generation IoT and cloud security monitoring, threat intelligence, incident response, and vulnerability management capabilities.
- Assist PSIRT as a senior subject matter expert in matters including, but not limited, technical vulnerability assessments, vulnerability research, identification/testing of exploitability.
- Provide expert level guidance in developing capabilities to find, prioritize and resolve security events in embedded software, web applications, mobile apps and cloud-hosted applications.
- Interact with product security Subject Matter Experts to ensure technical veracity of the programs overall direction and tactical problem solving approaches.
- Provide customer facing support for identifying causes and recovering from security incidents.
- Represent Security Operations when consulting with product teams on customer facing technology architectures, effectiveness of secure by design and default configurations, and deployment of secure remote access and monitoring capabilities.
- Provide expert technical guidance and assistance to the Product Security Incident Response Team on documenting technical details of emergent product vulnerability issues, and assist developers with creation and vetting of cybersecurity solutions.
- Mentor colleagues and assist in the development of advanced technical skillsets.
- Provide technical feedback to other Global Product Security functional and technical leaders to maximize effectiveness of secure development lifecycle tools and practices.