|Published||August 5, 2022|
Bering Global Services, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified Lead Senior Cyber Security Analyst for a contract at OPM. BGS is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Logistics Services and Support. BGS is currently seeking a Senior Cyber Security Analyst for a project in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate for this job will serve as a Security Administrator within the federal client's Security Operations Center. A highly motivated individual with strong technical, communication, and organizational skills will succeed on this program. The goal of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team is to proactively monitor, identify, and remediate information technology security vulnerabilities and intrusions. The team needs to ensure that all operational security controls are appropriately applied and managed and that systems within the control of the SOC have appropriate security controls in place in accordance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). To accomplish this goal, the security team is responsible for a broad suite of security technologies that include vulnerability scanning, malware detection, log file analysis, and enterprise-wide incident response and security information and event management (SIEM) tools. The analyst will be responsible for continuous surveillance, analysis, mitigation, remediation, and incident management using the client's current SOC suite of tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Intrusion detection
- Cyber incident response
- Perform cyber investigations and analysis
- Cross-train and mentor other staff members
- Ability to proficiently utilize the client's wide variety of security tools including:
o ArcSight HP
o Akamai Web Application Firewall
o HP TippingPoint o Bit9 Carbon Black
o Websense Web, Email, and DLP
o Cylance Protect o Palo Alto Firewalls
o RSA Security Analytics/NetWitness
o Tripwire IP360, CCM, and Enterprise
o SolarWinds o LANDesk
o ForeScout CounterACT
o Symantec Endpoint Protection
o Splunk Enterprise o EnCase Enterprise
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum Necessary) Qualifications (applies to both this section and KSAO's)
- Moderate-level understanding of basic computer and networking technologies.
- TCP/IP stack
- Windows operating systems
- Networking technologies (routing, switching, VLANs, subnets, firewalls)
- Common networking protocols - SSH, SMB, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS,
- Common enterprise technologies - Active Directory, Group Policy, VMware vSphere
- Basic-level understanding of IT security principles, technologies, best practices, and NIST guidance
- Logical Access Control
- PKI and other encryption methods
- Network-based and host-based IDS/IPS
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with senior management and federal client staff - both technical and non-technical - in a clear and concise manner using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Server Administration background - Windows or Linux/Unix
- Interest in security/hacking culture.
- Ability to "think like an attacker"
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not currently subject to federal or company requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing; but this is subject to change at any time. Employees are expected to comply with all current and future federal and company requirements.
DOT COVERED/SAFETY-SENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding Department of Transportation "safety-sensitive" functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- Hires and supervises direct reports.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.