|Published||June 3, 2023|
Our cybersecurity test team out of Eglin AFB, FL is searching for a new Junior Cybersecurity Penetration Tester that can help us conduct system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the place for you. We provide a number of opportunities to learn ranging from on-the-job training with other team members to formal courses for unique technology areas.
We realize that no one will have all of these qualifications. We are looking for people that can bring a strong foundation in one of the listed areas and are motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span from compliance testing to penetration testing, depending on skillset.
This position provides support to the 48th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Eglin AFB, FL. This position does require in office work, but not 100% of the time. When executing a test, typically 100% office work. Tests are typically 1 week in length. When not testing, office work varies depending on the current requirements. Currently 2-3 days per week in the office, when not testing. Tests schedule is typically 1-2 weeks per month, but varies.
LOCATION: Eglin AFB, FL
JOB STATUS: Active
TRAVEL: Travel 15-20 weeks per year
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain/maintain Top Secret clearance - US Citizenship Required
EDUCATION: A technical Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Cybersecurity. Applicable experience may be substituted.
CERTIFICATIONS: Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 0-3 years of applicable experience
* Must be able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Demonstrated desire, through education, certification, and personal efforts, to start a career in Cybersecurity and Penetration Testing
* Experience using Penetration Testing tools including Metasploit, BurpSuite, Wireshark, Nmap, and Kali Linux
* Knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploits
* Familiarity with networks, server and network administration
* Analytical skills and problem-solving skills
* Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision
* Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems
* Travel 15-20 weeks per year
* Experience in cybersecurity assessment/evaluations (compliance)
* Experience in AWS and/or Azure Cloud Computing
* Experience with virtual machines and containerization
* Job experience as an ethical penetration tester
* Experience in network security/engineering
* Certifications: CISSP, CASP, Security+, OSCP, GCIH, GPEN, GWAP, and/or CCNA
* Assist in conducting independent cybersecurity assessments, data collection, and reporting
* Assist in performing system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities
* Assist in executing hands-on testing which include significant technical skills with multiple operating systems
* Assist in documenting and communicating test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in written and oral formats on-technical user groups in written and oral formats
What we offer:
* Competitive salaries
* Continuing education assistance
* Professional development allotment
* Multiple healthcare benefits packages
* 401K with employer matching
* Paid time off (PTO) along with a federally recognized holiday schedule
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations, while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
"Oasis Systems Cyber Division"
"Oasis Systems Cyber Division"