Junior Cybersecurity Engineer
|Published||January 18, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
Information Security . New York, New York
For over three decades, many of the world's leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high- quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seeking to own challenging projects under tight schedules for some of today's most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success, then we want to hear from you today.
Align seeks a candidate with a passion for cybersecurity. Ideal candidates will have a degree in an IT or MIS discipline or equivalent experience in cybersecurity. Additionally, the candidate will have 1-2 years of work experience in either incident response or another discipline of cybersecurity.
The Junior Cybersecurity Engineer will work under the guidance of the IT Operations Manager . This is a learning opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in cybersecurity. This individual must be passionate and knowledgeable about the field. We are looking for someone that can resolve issues, find root causes, develop a plan to eliminate the issue, and learn from the experience to help improve our cyber security posture across all Managed Services clients. T he candidate should be up to date on trends in the industry and passionate about maturing their knowledge of enterprise cybersecurity. Candidates must be articulate and can successfully demonstrate their passion and interest.
- The Junior Security Engineer will primarily work remotely, but will be based out of our Woodbridge, NJ Office
- Some occasional travel to clients may be required
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and performance-based bonuses
- Analyze, investigate, respond, and recover from/to cybersecurity incidents, events, and threats as per the incident response lifecycle
- Remediate infrastructure vulnerabilities and guide engineering teams to take preventative measures
- Engineer security solutions to mitigate risk and provide strategies to improve the security posture of clients and internal environments
- Develop and maintain security tools, techniques, and procedures to facilitate security testing, vulnerability detection, validation, and mitigation
- Working alongside senior engineers and subject matter experts (SME) to evaluate and select assessment tools and other cybersecurity technologies to enhance our security solutions
- Deliver IT risk and security assessments of client's network infrastructure and systems
- Understand and mitigate security concerns and IT risks as needed. These duties will require the Cybersecurity Analyst to be on-site assisting with professional services project work
- Understand client IT/security infrastructure and business requirements
- Evaluate and assess different security technologies to appropriately expand Aligns cybersecurity portfolio
- Ongoing learning and continually staying abreast of relevant industry updates and changes via conferences, training and events
- Work with Align, partner and vendor SMEs to conduct security technology evaluations, security assessments and security program development
- Continually improve security posture and provide hands-on cybersecurity support to address IT security issues as needed
- Collect, report and continually enhance security metrics
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, computer engineering or related field with a concentration in cybersecurity
- 1-2 years of relevant cybersecurity work experience in cybersecurity. Experience can be in any discipline of cybersecurity, with a preference for incident response
- Any Managed Services (MSP) experience would be a plus
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows platform administration. Azure knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security , security testing; security integration and governance; malware analysis; incident response; cloud security or risk and compliance
- Familiarity or understanding of security standards, access controls and compliance requirements based on industry standards and compliance one or more of the following is preferable is preferable: ISO27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, PCI-DSS-DSS, FINRA, SEC
- Basic understanding of data security (classification, encryption, DLP) is a plus
- Any working knowledge of secure network design is a plus
- Ability to create, maintain and report metrics that measures effectiveness of security controls is a plus
- Scripting and automation skills wither either Bash, Python, Pearl, etc. is a plus
- Interest in obtaining industry certification - CISM, CISSP or similar industry recognized certifications within the next 2-3 years
- Solutions-oriented with an aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn new technologies and be a hands-on engineer
- Effective communicator with a positive and confident attitude
- Excellent writing skills with the capability to create well-formatted reports and client-facing documentation
- Team player with strong collaboration skills and a flexible approach to problem solving
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients. Align services clients from a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards .