|Published||November 24, 2022|
Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
About the Mission You Will Join:
Do you want to help change the delivery of cybersecurity initiatives and operations in the Federal space? At VMD, we are looking for game-changers to help re-envision cybersecurity in the Federal space and leap takers to help execute on that vision.
VMD's cybersecurity services and delivery leverage the following aspects:
- Utilizing fundamentals and embedding them into everyday culture
- Being agile and nimble to adjust responses as necessary
- Making decisions based on data
- Using threat intelligence to determine risk
- Removing manual dependencies from security-related processes where feasible
Your Impact to the Mission:
As a Junior Cybersecurity Specialist you will be responsible to deliver security and compliance to support multiple IT projects, programs, and initiatives. You will be supporting the assessment and authorization (A&A) process, determining current security postures, tracking vulnerabilities and POA&Ms, and identifying potential cybersecurity risk.
The Junior Cybersecurity Specialist will be responsible for:
- Actively participate in meetings to review and assess compliance of systems and technology
- Perform risk assessments based on Federal guidelines and industry best practices
- Assist teams in identifying vulnerabilities and providing recommendations to reduce cybersecurity risk
- Report on cybersecurity risk and compliance to team members
- Continually improve the cybersecurity risk assessment and POA&M process and program
- Aggregate and track cybersecurity POA&Ms and risks across projects, teams, and programs
- Monitor and triage security incidents as appropriate for specific systems
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- 1+ years of cybersecurity and compliance experience
- Active Security+ certification
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate effective collaboration across a variety of stakeholders
- Understanding of guiding cybersecurity principles and control guidance
- Effective writing skills to capture issues and recommendations
- Education Requirement: High School
- Required Certification(s): Active Security+ certification
- Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 1
- Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 1
- Minimum Clearance to Start: Secret
- Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel and Telecommuting:
- Travel: Little (less than 10%)
- Telecommute Options: Yes. Status may change to fully onsite pending guidance from the government as the circumstances related to the pandemic evolve.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.
Videos To Watch