|Location||Fort Meade, MD|
|Date Posted||September 22, 2019|
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We are seeking a Cyber Security Analyst!
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide advanced cyber security analytical services for cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches based on advanced skills in one or more the following cyber security functional areas: event detection, remediation, analysis, and countermeasures.
- Investigate and analyze a wide range of data sources, such as apparent security events, firewall logs, and forensic analysis, to identify viruses, malware, misuse, unauthorized activity and similar information security concerns
- Work with operations and maintenance personnel to maintain all systems at the highest state of readiness with all the latest updates and signatures in places and tested
- Coordinate with system owners and other stakeholders and organizations regarding potential security incidents; perform functional area assessments and reporting findings to cognizant Government personnel
- Support day-to-day event processing and reporting to ensure comprehensive situational awareness of network and IT infrastructure security status.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or IT or cyber security (or 5 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree).
- Minimum of 1-2 years' of progressively responsible experience in cyber security, information security, security engineering, network engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture, or data management
- Possess or have ability to obtain one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), GIAC Information Security Expert (GSE), Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), or GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) or other Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III certification in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.1
- Experience with ArcSight SIEM • Experience with Splunk • Experience with endpoint detection and response tools such as Carbon Black, EnCase Cybersecurity, or Tanium
- Experience with intrusion prevention systems such as McAfee Network Security Manager, Sourcefire SNORT, or Palo Alto Wildfire
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (Minimum)
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.