|Location||Lake Zurich, IL|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2021|
Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
The IT Director - Infrastructure & Cybersecurity is a key leadership position who will direct the teams in charge of infrastructure services (both on premise and cloud), unified communications, network services, cybersecurity, data center operations, servers and storage platforms, service monitoring, and help desk. This role works closely with the Vice President of IT and the Director of Software Engineering to design and execute on the company's technology roadmap. The Director is a forward-looking technology leader who can develop an infrastructure and security strategy and drive them through to execution and support.
You will spend time on the following:
- Provide vision and leadership to a team that includes 5 full-time employees
- Accountable for a high-performing computing infrastructure companywide. This includes, but is not limited to, planning and management of computer operations and production support, systems and database administration, release management, business continuity, network operations, telecom, cloud services, help desk, and field support
- Conduct strategic and tactical level planning in partnership with peers in IT to develop technical roadmap, and ensure delivery of supportable technology solutions that meet business needs
- Ensure cost-effective design, development, integration, implementation, testing, and maintenance of new services, equipment and systems in support of business objectives and requirements
- Responsible for maintaining an on premise based ERP system for 24x7x365 availability, with maintenance, security and version related patches fully up to date
- Develop and lead a high performing infrastructure engineering and operations team to ensure the reliable delivery of IT services and operations
- Provide an absolute focus on cybersecurity areas, and ensure that the systems are stable, available, scalable, and 100% secure
- Build strong links between development and operations to create multidisciplinary teams that work together (remove silos).
- Drive a collaborative culture that values technical depth, accountability, and customer service
- Establish, maintain and execute operations procedures that leverage efficiencies and best practices
- Oversee service management activities including change and release management, testing, quality assurance and end-to-end technical integration
- Oversee the direction of infrastructure investments in collaboration with team members, the vice president, senior management, and partners
- Oversee cybersecurity protections on all IT infrastructure resources according to policies and standards established by the cybersecurity council members
- Drive the delivery of major technology and infrastructure projects and service management improvements, ensuring that quality, productivity, and ROI goals are achieved
- Implement and maintain controls and monitoring procedures to ensure availability of critical systems, and minimal service interruptions
We're Excited about You if You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science or information systems; mathematics, engineering, or a related field (MS, MBA or related advanced degree is a plus)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in technology leadership positions with an emphasis on infrastructure and cybersecurity services
- 7 years of hands on infrastructure support and customer support
- Tier 2 ERP experience (preferably with Infor) required and general understanding of system related aspects of ERP products
- Deep expertise in cybersecurity, and standards such as NIST, and ISO 27001
- Substantial experience leading, directing and controlling a complex, highly technical operation or organization
- Experience migrating IT infrastructure into a cloud environment
- Knowledge of business concepts, and an understanding of the links between major business processes, products, systems, and networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and the ability to apply those technologies to business needs
- Global IT management experience is preferred. Experience with outsourcing / off shoring / staff augmentation setups highly desired
- Experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development and project management.
- Solid background in planning, and executing efforts related to backup and disaster recovery, with specific focus on "move to cloud" strategy
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier company. That is why it is at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Smalley associates can progress their careers. We're committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Smalley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) savings plan with company match; profit sharing, health, dental, vision. Company paid life insurance, STD and LTD; supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and 10 company paid holidays.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at: www.smalley.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are having problems using our online application system, please call 847-719-5900.