|Published||August 30, 2022|
WEC Energy Group is one of the nation’s largest electric generation, distribution and natural gas delivery holding companies. We employ over 7,000 people in our energy companies and service subsidiaries. As a Fortune 500 company, we value and develop our employees who are making a difference in a mission that matters.
WEC Business Services LLC, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an IT Cybersecurity Analyst - Engineering in our Milwaukee, Wisconsin location. This position offers flexibility for a hybrid work arrangement (remote/on-site).
The Cybersecurity Analyst supports the company’s overall cybersecurity infrastructure and operational effectiveness through cybersecurity preparedness, threat prediction and detection, incident response and recovery, effective cybersecurity governance, policies, processes and guidance throughout the enterprise, and is involved in both design & engineering and operational activities, including:
- Protects enterprise information, intellectual assets and business operations from accidental or intentional disruption, disclosure or destruction.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and/or builds secure information technology (IT) systems, with responsibility for system and/or network development per reference architectures, configuration standards, compliance requirements and cybersecurity best practices.
- Performs highly-specialized review and evaluation of incoming cybersecurity information to determine its usefulness for intelligence.
- Manages the collection and analysis of information from various application, endpoint and network sources to identify vulnerabilities and potential for exploitation.
- Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies and procedures that affect cybersecurity operations and ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations (e.g. NERC CIP, Sarbanes Oxley).
- Develops cyber indicators to maintain awareness of the status of the operating environment. Collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates cyber threat/warning assessments.
- Identity and access management.
This position is part of a job family (IT Cybersecurity Analyst/Senior IT Cybersecurity Analyst), experience is the determining factor.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, information technology, computer information systems, MIS, or engineering is preferred. A combination of associate degree, military or professional cybersecurity experience and cybersecurity certification (CISSP, GAIC, MCSE, CEH, GICSP, CSSA, CISM) will be considered.
- 2+ years Cybersecurity experience
Desirable skills would include any of the following:
- Active Directory Design and Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Cloud, Azure, AWS, GCP
- Scripting experience, PowerShell or .NET (VB or C#)
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Data security
- Vulnerability Management
- Network Access Management, DNS, DHCP
- Mobility security