Information Systems Security Engineer / Cybersecurity Engineer (ISSE) / Orlando
|Published||March 7, 2023|
Information Systems Security Engineer / Cybersecurity Engineer (ISSE)
We are actively hiring an exceptional cybersecurity professional interested in challenging work as an Information Systems Security Engineer / Cybersecurity Engineer in the Orlando, FL area. We seek a critical thinker who has a deep understanding of risk management and can apply his or her broad knowledge of systems engineering, cybersecurity engineering principles, networking, database, software, regulations, policy, and encryption to highly complex DoD training systems. The ISSE / CE will work as a member of a top-notch team of engineers, working directly with government civilians, military leadership, and other contractors in a trusted role.
This position is not remote. Onsite Orlando, FL / onsite twice a week
Salary range of $125,000 - $140,000 is based on experience and technical interview.
Candidate can have ISSO experience but really looking for the engineering side.
- Conduct Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) audits, both on location and remotely.
- Apply functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, DoD Instruction 8500.01, NIST 800-53 rev4, other NIST Publications, and associated controls.
- Utilize extensive background experience in the use of IA tools including Nessus, ACAS, SCAP, STIG Checker, Vulnerator, Electronic Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Perform all steps of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, from categorization, control selection, implementation and analysis, authorization, and continuous monitoring.
- Perform all aspects of systems development life cycle, including contract review and development, change request, technical refresh, as well as testing and validation.
- Communicate complex technical and programmatic information in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and briefings.
- Utilize knowledge of network devices and interconnections (i.e., routers, switches, IDS/IPS, firewalls, DNS).
- Employ technical experience in identifying and mitigating and/or remediating vulnerabilities or misconfigurations.
- Utilize knowledge of operating systems (Server, Windows, Linux, and VMware)
- Maintain and apply current knowledge of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends, including an ability to describe highly publicized cyber intrusions.
Experience / Skills:
- At least 10 years of progressive DoD IT / cybersecurity experience.
- At least 4 years of experience conducting NIST RMF assessments and security engineering support.
- Functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4, and associated controls.
- Knowledge of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends, including an ability to describe highly publicized cyber intrusions within the last year.
- Familiarity with networking, systems administration, and systems engineering practices and technologies.
- Familiarity with Electronic Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Security Architect (SP-ARC-002).
- Information Systems Security Developer (SP-SYS-001).
Minimum Education Requirements:
- An Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering-focused discipline is highly preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CISSP-ISSEP.
- Must possess an ACTIVE DoD Secret security clearance. All reported clearances will be validated prior to making an offer of employment.
- US. Citizenship is required.
Benefits Overview: Full-time employees are offered comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
COVID Policy: In accordance with the Federal Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, this position requires that you are fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before your start date. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination before you begin employment.
EEO Policy: It is our policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.