|Location||Pearl Harbor, HI|
|Date Posted||April 1, 2021|
Position Job/Title: Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Specialist
Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC has an immediate opening for an Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Specialist to join our rapidly growing team.
The Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Specialist performs under general direction and uses current information security technology disciplines and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Government information assets in accordance with established standards and procedures. Develops and maintains knowledgebase on changing regulatory, threat, and technology landscapes to continually develop or maintain security policies and standards, and ensures compliance throughout the organization; Provides Risk Management Framework, circuit/system accreditation and certification policy services; Participates in the development or modification of the computer environment IA security program plans and requirements; Develops procedures to ensure system users are aware of their IA responsibilities before granting access to DoD information systems; Recognizes possible security violations and takes appropriate action to report the incident, as required; Ensures IA security requirements are appropriately identified in computer environment operation procedures; and collects and maintains data needed to meet system IA reporting requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Provide oversight for the Computer Network Defense-Service Provider (CNDSP)
- Work with system owners to close IAVMs/ICVMs and open Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) in a rapid fashion, in accordance with DoD instructions/directives. Review all POA&MS with the Program Manager on at least a quarterly basis and update the POA&Ms accordingly.
- Provide Defense in Depth principles and technology in security engineering designs and implementation.
- Analyze existing and future systems, reviewing security architectures, and developing engineering solutions that integrate information security requirements to proactively manage information protection.
- Apply security risk assessment methodology to system development, including assessing and auditing network penetration testing, antivirus deployment, risk analysis.
- Conduct Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) activities, including forensic analysis.
- Engineer and deploy network defense countermeasures such as anti-virus, anti-spam, and intrusion detection and prevention system solutions.
- Analyze IA security events, including threat model development and resulting security risk analysis of systems.
- Review and assess information security events and logs via sophisticated security information/event manager.
- Plan, implement, and manage a Defense In Depth for the total network and/or enclaves within the network to include such items as: scanning, remediation, host and network intrusion detection/prevention, firewalls, proxy servers, web cache, virus programs, vulnerability scanning, content filtering, remote dial in protection, Host Based Security Services, Directory Services, and Certification and Accreditation, DoD Instruction 5200.40, accreditation guidance and advice IAW AR 25-2 and IA Best Business Practices (BBPs). Plan, respond, investigate, and report undisclosed classified incident remediation.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Validate system security requirements definition and analysis and review/approve System Security Plans for enterprise-wide architectures.
- Maintain Agency public key infrastructure system Implement security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures.
- Provide support for the Department of Defense (DoD) Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) service.
- Responsible for requesting, receiving, installation, and accountability of system (server) PKI certificates and providing technical support for PKI.
- Provide Certification and Accreditation, as well as provide Automated Information System Accreditation support
- Provide Security Risk Assessment. Perform risk analysis of resources, controls, vulnerabilities, impact of losing systems' capabilities and threats to the mission objective; provide analysis to facilitate decisions to implement security countermeasures or mitigate risk; implement countermeasures; periodically review program. Recognize possible threats and review evaluations for compliance and non-compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience performing Information Assurance functions and using RMF IT security controls and policies.
- Must possess and maintain an IT-I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and IAT-II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- A track record of progressively responsible information assurance experience in one or more of the following information security areas: ICD 503 (DCID 6/3) certification and accreditation, IA system evaluations, system security penetration testing, and IA security operations/network monitoring, Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Security Information Management/Security Event Management, network mapping, vulnerability scanners, firewalls, routers, and other security tools
- Working knowledge of public key infrastructure and encryption systems
- Experience working on an information security incident response team.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Familiarity with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and system security processes
- Understanding of the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) a plus
- Experience working in CMMI Level 3 (or higher) environments is a plus.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.
DoD active security clearance may be required.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.