Enterprise and Information Cybersecurity Analyst
|Published||January 18, 2023|
Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against cancer.
At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the lives of cancer patients every day - helping them live longer, better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer - helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery systems and software that will give new hope and new health to cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world.
Accuray develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems for alternative cancer treatments. Our radiation therapy for cancer makes treatment shorter, safer, personalized and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives.
POSITION TITLE: Enterprise and Information Cybersecurity Analyst
The Enterprise Cybersecurity Analyst position is a highly critical hands-on role responsible for supporting enterprise security operations and the protection of company systems, information, and digital assets from internal and external sources and threats. The candidate will support programs to identify cyber risks, strengthen perimeters, and reduce enterprise vulnerabilities.
This role involves monitoring security and privacy issues as they relate to enterprise data and infrastructure across on-premises, SaaS, SASE and cloud solutions. The Security Analyst will promote a corporate-wide security and privacy philosophy, support a comprehensive and practical set of privacy and security policies, procedures, technologies, and tools to not only protect the organization from security-related liability, but also to use security and data privacy practices to create customer goodwill and market returns.
This is a strategic as well as technically hands-on position and will include extensive and broad internal collaboration with IT, Engineering, Service, Legal, Regulatory/Quality Affairs, and Information Technology to ultimately ensure the protection of information and assets globally.
Reports to the Manager of Enterprise Cybersecurity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain and monitor enterprise security systems and technologies proactively to ensure compliance and safeguard from the cyber threats
* Support enterprise information security, IT risk and compliance management programs
* Collaborate with GIS- Infrastructure teams to support information and cyber security programs at all levels
* Support an ongoing employee education program for all employees on technology risk, security awareness and appropriate mitigation strategies and approaches
* Administer security tools and use logs to proactively monitor and periodically test Accuray Enterprise systems
* Collaborate tightly with GIS Infrastructure and Operations teams, Security Operations, and other business unit teams as needed to monitor and respond to security events, operational processes and procedures, and tools improvements
* Stay abreast of trends and advances in cybersecurity solutions and monitor changes in legislations that may affect information security.
* Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested
* Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations to avoid similar vulnerabilities
* Stay informed about the latest developments in the cyber/information security field, latest industry trends including new products, systems, and services
* Assist in updating cybersecurity strategies to leverage new technology and threat information
* Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, including IT
* Partner with leaders across the company, to ensure that information security efforts receive appropriate prioritization and resources
* Take a leadership role in working across the company on security projects and provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies
* Support Accuray's 3rd-party security partners, including delegated processes, procedures, projects, reporting, monitoring, and incident management/remediation
* Keep Reporting Manager appraised of all activities and related progress
* Help promote positive, growth mindset collaborative, and collegial working environment
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:Preferred or Desired:
* Exposure to International laws
* Experience with contract law
* Have passion for real security and be able to positively spread this enthusiasm to partner teams
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Information Security or a related field, or equivalent experience
* Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), Security+, or equivalent
* Knowledgeable in security trends, best practices, latest threat intelligence, products, systems, and services
* 1 to 2 years of knowledge and experience in Cybersecurity, including understanding relevant tools, strategies, and operations
* Critical thinking and ability to work independently on Cybersecurity matters
* Demonstrated hands-on capability and technical skills across a range of security disciplines
* Familiarization with data privacy laws, access, security, release of information, or access control technologies
* Knowledge and experience within the healthcare industry or other regulated industry
* Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
* Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving business risks and enforce appropriate information security measures
* Knowledge of cybersecurity rules and other government technology laws and standards
$78,000.00 - $117,000.00
To qualify for this position, candidates must be able to furnish proof that they are authorized to work in the country they are applying on a permanent basis without sponsorship.
At Accuray, our commitment to patient-first outcomes drives an inclusive and collaborative work environment where the best ideas rise to the top - and everyone works to push them further. We value diversity in both the professional and personal backgrounds of our employees, as this variety adds rich energy to every team, every project and every work day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin - including individuals with disabilities and veterans.