|Published||November 26, 2022|
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco's success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes "America's Best Employers".
The role of every Cybersecurity Infrastructure team member is to support the overarching values and business goals of Costco Wholesale as they relate to meeting legal, ethical and regulatory obligations; protecting member's and employee's privacy; and maintaining a security technology environment for our operations.
This Cybersecurity Infrastructure Engineer position will be a key member of the Cybersecurity Infrastructure - Platform Security team that will design, develop, and deploy tools, services, programs and projects involving platform security technologies. Additionally, they will work with management and vendors for product consideration; perform auditing of information system activities; as a Subject Matter Expert, provide consultative services; drive innovation in technology, process, and procedure; and maintain operational excellence for their tools, services, and programs; create and maintain documentation related to policies, standards and procedures; lead and mentor team members with lesser subject matter expertise. This will involve working with many groups throughout IT both domestically and internationally.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST "to work for" companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
* Takes assessment of existing Cybersecurity Infrastructure platforms and tools.
* Creates the roadmap for addressing capability gaps, maturity improvements and innovation.
* Mentors and develops team members.
* Evaluates and hardens tooling and instrumentation to prevent cybersecurity exploits.
* Performs and/or coordinates regular security assessments of existing or new infrastructure.
* Performs duties necessary to assist in establishing practices and system configurations to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect information systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
* Works with information systems custodians (i.e., department managers, user community and systems administrators) at different levels in the organization to understand their respective security needs and assist with implementing practices and procedures consistent with Costco's Information Security Policy.
* Assists with monitoring and auditing of information systems activities and systems to confirm information security policy compliance and provide management with security policy compliance assessments and system monitoring reports.
* Works with stakeholders to provide security solutions that support their business requirements.
* Identifies, develops and implements mechanisms to detect security incidents in order to enhance compliance with and support of security standards and procedures in place.
* Conducts security risk assessments on new products and systems, periodic security risk assessments on existing systems and identify and/or recommend appropriate security countermeasures and best practices.
* Coordinates activities or engagements with loss prevention, interact with legal and law enforcement as required.
* Identifies security gaps that expose Costco to potential exploit and develops short and long term prioritized remediations to address those gaps ensuring management is apprised of the risk in a timely manner.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 8 years of information systems security or related platform security experience.
* Subject Matter Expertise and demonstrated experience with platform security technologies including but not limited to security orchestration and response, attack surface management, IoT security, and email security.
* Automation and orchestration experience with managing security infrastructure at scale.
* Experience with scripting/programming languages (PowerShell, shell scripting, python, etc.) a plus.
* Experience integrating disparate systems using APIs.
* Good working knowledge of Authentication protocols such as: Kerberos, SAML, OAUTH, etc.
* Willing to share knowledge with co-workers and to assist them in understanding technical and business topics.
* Working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control, system hardening, system auditing, log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling).
* Demonstrated experience of "hands on" security knowledge of one or more of the following platforms: Windows, Linux, AIX, iSeries.
* Working knowledge of networking protocols, web technologies, and cloud computing.
* Ability to interpret information security data and processes to identify potential compliance issues.
* Ability to quickly understand complicated data flows in order to identify and validate security requirements.
* Must be a team player and willing to establish a strong positive working relationship with all areas of the business.
* Ability to work effectively, independent of assistance or supervision.
* Innovative, creative and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
* Ability to clearly communicate Information Security matters to executives, auditors, end users, and engineers using appropriate language, examples, and tone.
* One or more professional network and security certifications such as Security+, Network+, CCNA, GSEC, CISA or CISSP (or equivalent work experience).
* Experience performing computer forensics.
* Experience with ITILv2/v3 processes such as Service Support, Service Delivery, or Continual Service Improvement.
* Experience with Regulatory Compliance and industry standards, such as HIPAA, SOX, and PCI.
* Experience in a DevOps or DevSecOps environment.
* Cover Letter
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.