|June 2, 2023
|Lake Angelus, MI
Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to start from the ground up and build something great. We are looking for technology game changers to lead Stellantis into a fundamental transformation within the automotive industry. Technology is going to disrupt the automotive industry significantly in the next decade and our organization is seeking high potential candidates to transform the company with a focus on the customer experience. Stellantis' Software Organization (SWX) was created to build the most captivating experiences in the latest frontier of Automotive Technology.
Electronics Hardware Cybersecurity and Functional Safety (CS&FS) Principal Engineer will support cybersecurity and functional safety focused validation and testing activities to confirm the implementations align with accepted CS&FS specifications for Stellantis Vehicle systems, ECUs, and Applications with the goal of reasonably protecting road users from new cyber-threats arising from fast evolving vehicle functions and features.
This position will monitor and check the compliance of CS & FS controls implemented in Stellantis products during the entire product development lifecycle with a heavy focus on vehicles, ECUs, and Applications before launch.
The core tasks are summarized here:
- Collaborate with a team of electrical system/cybersecurity/functional safety component validation engineers in developing core documents including, but not limited to, core DVP&R, core electrical system test procedures, and global harmonization of test norms.
- Collaboration with principal architects specialized in hardware, software, and systems, covering all management aspects of Functional Safety
- Definition, description and maintenance of ISO 26262 compliant processes ensuring skill levels and training plans are in place
- Ensuring safety compliance in Project Management, Product Development, Production and Operation (safety elements) and Support Processes
- Definition of guidelines and templates for Functional Safety Management for the use in safety-relevant projects
- Develop new and innovative ways to test vehicles more efficiently and more comprehensively, develop team members to support the Validation PCs to act as team liaisons for each program,
- Work closely with regulatory on domestic compliance and with Homologation and Witness agencies to ensure global compliance of EE systems/components.
- Review and approve test plan, procedures and reports to ensure complete test coverage - verifying the system meets its requirements and validating that the system performs in accordance with Stellantis expectations.
- Establish scale validation objectives and key results for and with individual team members.
- Capable of working with relevant teams to obtain vehicles and parts (ECU's and Wiring Harnesses) along with instrumentation and execution of test tools to enable cybersecurity validation and penetration testing activities to occur.
- Understand cybersecurity and functional safety goals and requirements to meet the expectation of Stellantis customers, applicable regulations, and cybersecurity policy
- Convert CS & FS goals and requirements into clear lab procedures and test scripts to confirm that CS FS controls are implemented appropriately. Define scope for penetration testing to ensure that implemented controls are effective and reasonably impassable.
- As defects are identified, perform threat analysis including impact and feasibility to severity of issue related to missing control on vehicle systems, ECUs, or Applications.
- Enter defects into relevant system for awareness and to trigger timely remediation or acceptance
- Provide clear risk mitigating directives for Connected vehicles, systems, and applications
- Respond appropriate to inquiries about validation lab procedures, or penetration testing scope or outcomes.
- Provide technical expertise in investigation of validation issues, root cause analysis, mitigation, and corrective action plans
- Provide technical reports, graphs, tables, analysis, photographs, timing charts, and status to target test progress reports on a timely basis
- Communicate clearly key technical validation risks, and impacts on program engineering milestones
- Analyze detailed data from validation tests, synthesize the results and summarize
- Help setup and manage EE cybersecurity functional safety validation lab.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree field
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience (Such as: in electrical systems design, development, or test engineering , security research, system exploitation, cybersecurity engineering)
- Managing and leading a technical team
- Experience in validation of complex systems
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity and Functional safety
- Knowledge of common security patterns (e.g., authentication, authorization, separation of privileges, sandboxing, need to know, separation of duties, ...)
- Knowledge of security protocols (e.g., TLS, SSH, ...)
- Knowledge of X.509 digital certificate standard and Public Key Infrastructure management.
- Knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic algorithms (e.g., AES, RSA, ECC).
- Knowledge of automotive operating systems (Autosar Classic and Adaptive, QNX, Linux, Android, etc.) and middlewares
- Basic knowledge of Connected Application integrations (Legato App framework, Automotive Android, QNX)
- Basic knowledge of C++, Java, Python, Kotlin or other programming languages Basic knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., jscript, bash, ...)
- Knowledge of automotive and cybersecurity testing tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask many assignments and coordinate testing for numerous Validation Test Engineers and programs
- Strong technical research and writing skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Basic knowledge of Connected Vehicles including embedded systems, electrical networks, circuits, PCB's and components, ECU's)
- Knowledge of ISO 21434: Road Vehicle - Cybersecurity Engineering.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture design pattern and paradigm.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Experience testing in multiple development contexts (Linux, AUTOSAR, Android)
- Experience in the full product life cycle
- Experience with troubleshooting and root cause of electrical systems
- DFSS Green Belt
At Stellantis, we assess candidates based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation and disability. Diverse teams will allow us to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and care for our future.
Our benefits reflects the STELLANTIS commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.