|Published||September 16, 2023|
CodeHunter is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Software Engineering responsible for the technical design and development of industry-leading commercial software products. Reporting to the VP of Product, you will drive the software engineering strategy and manage the development and on-time delivery of secure, reliable, scalable, and high-quality cybersecurity software solutions.
Technical Strategy and Leadership:
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the software engineering teams, ensuring alignment with industry best practices and emerging technologies.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment that encourages creativity, growth, and excellence within the team.
- Ensure that all releases are delivered on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality expectations.
- Lead by example, exhibiting strong technical expertise (front-end and back-end), and demonstrating a passion for software engineering and cybersecurity.
Software Development and Delivery:
- Manage the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Conduct Release Readiness Reviews, monitor Release preparation activity and Report on Readiness status to executive leadership.
- Drive the adoption of best practices for software engineering, including secure coding principles, code reviews, testing methodologies, and deployment strategies.
- Ensure compliance with cybersecurity standards, regulations, and frameworks.
- Collaborate with product management, program management and quality assurance, to define requirements, prioritize development efforts, and ensure successful product releases to achieve product delivery goals.
- Engage with key stakeholders, including executive leadership, clients, and partners, to understand business needs, and communicate software engineering initiatives and progress effectively.
- Advanced degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in software engineering focused on cybersecurity products.
- Understanding of modern front-end frameworks like REACT and Material-UI
- Experience coding back-end microservices in Java using frameworks like Sprint Boot
- Proven experience (10+ years) in a management role in software product development
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies, in back-end and front-end development.
- In-depth knowledge of secure software development methodologies, security frameworks, and industry best practices.
- Hands-on experience with modern development languages, tools, and frameworks.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience successfully managing internal and external (contract) resources.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CSSLP are highly desirable.
CodeHunter offers a creative, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial work environment. Self-starters thrive here. Our employees have the chance to be a part of the organization from the ground level and make a demonstrable impact by bringing an innovative product to the cybersecurity marketplace. CodeHunter offers best-in-class benefits, including:
- Health coverage
- Vision and dental coverage
- Company-sponsored training
- Parking or metro benefits
- Catered lunches
- Generous PTO policy
CodeHunter values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.