|Date Posted||June 5, 2020|
Our client is looking to add a Director of Cyber Security and Engineering to their growing team. In this role, you will protect the availability, confidentiality and integrity of enterprise information systems and data. You will be managing a team of cybersecurity operations and engineers. This position will be responsible for implementing and operating information security technology and process initiatives across the organization. Collaborates with multiple stakeholders on various security initiatives, have oversight and responsibility for engineering functions for security products and services along with operational responsibilities.
- Manage the Information Security Engineering, SOC and CIRT teams, including recruiting, hiring, and retention of highly qualified cybersecurity and information security professionals.
- Responsible for the technical oversight for the implementation and operation of cybersecurity and information security tools, technologies, solutions and methodologies
- Align to the NIST Cybersecurity framework as it relates to direct departmental responsibilities
- Establish clear objectives and milestones, driving the team to meet deadlines.
- Development and/or augment policies /procedures
- Ensure that sensitive data is protected from unauthorized modification, destruction and disclosure.
- Coordinate bid process for all projects requiring security infrastructure and participate in the purchasing process.
- Collaborate with external vendors to procure best cost for maintenance renewal and new engagements.
- Oversee Change Management process as it relates to operations and infrastructure.
- Ensure information security requirements are correctly configured for new product implementations.
- Coordinate multiple activities and milestones to align with the overall product roadmap, ensuring that security is at the forefront and provide measurements on program effectiveness to the business
- Responsible for the Security Operations Center to ensure security tools are effectively utilized and operating, identify gaps in process or procedure and implement new solutions accordingly.
- Prepare presentations that provide detailed project status and outage timelines to present to executives.
- Manage department budget and maintain separation of capital vs. SGA expenditures.
- Provide leadership a clear, concise communication during system outages or support engagements.
- Lead research, evaluation and implementation of technical security controls.
- Act as primary contact for security related anomalies and provide information security guidance as a subject matter expert.
- Work with management, engineers and technicians to set project objectives, priorities and deliverables.
- Identify project roadblocks and work with management and team members to resolve them.
- Manage projects internally and effectively schedule resources for timely project deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in computer related field or equivalent demonstrated work experience and industry standard certifications.
- 10+ years working in large corporate IT environments.
- 5+ years managing an information security team in a large corporate environment.
- 5+ years’ experience managing software and hardware installations on a large scale.
- 5 + years’ experience working in a data center environment with stringent Change Control processes.
- Security related certification required (Security+, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, GIAC, CISM, CEH, etc.)
- 10+ years experience in management role and 5+ years managing an information security team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Multiple Information Technology related certifications (MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, Security+, CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.)