|Location||Green Oaks, IL|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of the Enterprise Cybersecurity leadership team, the Director of Cybersecurity Architecture plays a pivotal role in shaping the security posture of Abbott through both new business technology solutions and redefining older architectures. The Director will be a thought leader driving secure outcomes involving the latest business technology demands such as cloud, big data analytics, and mobile. This role will leverage a broad range of skills and knowledge from DevSecOps to tried and true techniques such as access control, encryption, networking, and host security. This individual and their team will:
- Collaborate with business and technology experts to develop defense in depth security reference architectures, secure architecture standards and frameworks spanning all layers from host, server, and network to application and data security. Ensure these architectures balance business requirements with information and cybersecurity requirements.
- Engage as Cybersecurity subject matter experts and provide consulting support to the business and end-user organizations.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed core infrastructure and recommend changes or enhancements
- Lead an enterprise effort to increase the cyber resiliency of Abbott manufacturing sites, including the rollout of enterprise cybersecurity solutions like manufacturing network monitoring and secure network access
- Serve as the Cloud security subject matter expert on the Cloud Governing Board and drive the deployment and operationalization of cloud configuration management and monitoring
- Partner with the Network and Communications technology teams to manage security configurations and policy
- Keep abreast of industry trends and makes cybersecurity architecture roadmaps and or recommendation based on these trends. Lead feasibility studies of new security capabilities and technologies, including detailed design creation, and proposal preparation for cybersecurity related initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with cybersecurity vendors with solutions in place at Abbott and on the roadmap.
- For new Cybersecurity solutions on the roadmap, successfully negotiate technical design and deployment strategy with key stakeholder and consumers of the service and execute on implementation plans with a smooth handover to Operations.
- Produce and maintain timely, accurate security solution documentation to support implementation, operations support and quality/compliance requirements.
Key Success for the Position:
- Develop and foster relationships withing the Cybersecurity leadership team, and with critical stakeholders throughout Abbott technology and business divisions worldwide to effectively manage and instigate change
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines and ensure the team is focused on the highest priority work
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives to and through delivery
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- The ability to be the enterprise cybersecurity subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background
- Attract and retain talent, and ensure staff development (leadership, cross-functional, technical, global perspective). Promote and foster diversity.
- Manage an operating budget and project spend with financial discipline; Establish and maintain a resource model that can flex as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 10+ years of experience in Cybersecurity or Infrastructure Services with 5+ years of experience related to designing and implementing sustainable security solutions. This includes the operationalization of those solutions and implementing continuous improvements to those solutions.
- 5+ years of experience Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Experience evaluating and implementing Cloud security baselines and solutions including secure configuration management, security by design (DevSecOps) and security monitoring.
- Experience implementing cybersecurity solutions and processes in manufacturing environments a plus.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create collaborative relationships with colleagues and influence without authority
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of Information Security, Risk Management, Information Technology, or related field and/or a minimum of 15 years of equivalent experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.