|Published||January 8, 2022|
|Location||Van Buren Charter Township, MI|
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading a team that is developing, consulting on, and overseeing multiple architectural engagements including acting as the subject matter experts in compliance based technology assessments. This team will work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within technical, solutions, business or information domains.
Roles and Responsibilities
You are a seasoned Technology Leader with a passion for team-based formation and assessment of advanced cyber-based product development and actionable systems. In this role, you will mature your team's capabilities and adapt defensive secure development practices to help the development and engineering teams build secure products and services to meet customer, contractual, regulatory, and internal security requirements. As the Director - Cyber Security, you will apply your knowledge of management, best practices, and lean driven processes to help deliver secure products. However, you also think as a security researcher who thrives on addressing real world problems.
In this role, you will:
• Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of cyber security, application development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution
• Have strong project and workflow management skills, leveraging Lean and visual work based practices to improve the efficiency and flow of the team's responsibilities
• Influence decision making through active partnership with cross-functional teams
• Manage strategic business partnerships and relationships through Technical, Financial, Contractual and Relationship management
• Plan and manage budgets related to scope of team
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and GE leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Build a world class product security team to consistently deliver world class advisory services and tooling, to help build secure and complex platforms
• Guide team to drive tailored SDL practice into specific engineering
• Consult architect on security requirements and utilize best practices to meet them
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum of 8 years of related experience
• Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
• Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
• Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
• Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
• Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
• Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches, and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize visual workflow management methods (e.g. Kanban) to increase the visibility of a team's work and eliminate waste in processes
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No