|February 8, 2024
|San Diego, CA
[Full Time] Deputy Director Product Cybersecurity Services- $200k + Equity at MedCrypt (United States) | BEAMSTART Jobs
Deputy Director Product Cybersecurity Services- $200k + Equity
MedCrypt United States
31 May, 2023
San Diego, CA, United States
Were obsessed with medical device cybersecurity. MedCrypt was started in 2016 to ensure that the medical devices we and our loved ones rely on were as safe and secure as technologically possible. We’re not another cybersecurity company looking to capitalize on the healthcare industry. We are a team of medical device experts who are laser focused on bringing modern cybersecurity features to the next generation of healthcare technology.
The Deputy Director Product Cybersecurity Services will be tasked with assisting the Senior Director of Product Cyber Security with leading consulting engagements and mentoring junior security engineers in consulting with medical device manufacturers on a wide variety of medical device related technology, process, and regulatory issues to ensure protection safeguarding against potential cyber threats. This will include the review of cybersecurity vulnerabilities and assessing the likelihood of exploitation and any potential impacts to the safety and effectiveness of our clients’ medical devices.
The Deputy Director will also provide critical planning for products and services in conjunction with the Senior Director of Cyber Security Product Services to enable growth of product security services and enable Medcrypt core product sales and marketing.
A key part of this position is ensuring that our clients activities produce actionable information as supporting proof of device patient safety or efficacy of remediations to enhance the patient safety posture of the product.
- Provide cybersecurity expertise and leadership across major portions of complex projects;
- Provide technical consulting, leadership and advice to peers and program management;
- Apply understanding of product/line and clinical applications to identify potential cybersecurity threats and develop mitigations;
- Engagement in and strong bias for action and ownership
- Demonstrated skill for independent analysis and synthesis of solutions to complex problems exhibiting creativity, foresight, innovation, and judgement;
- Aid in marketing our services by Informing potential customers;
- Earn trust with clients, and deliver creative or innovative solutions to achieve the clients’ objectives
- Understand interdependencies of processes required to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Support process definition and improvements;
- Independently plan and manage your own work activities to given project objectives and lead cross functional teams on projects of significant scope at module level;
- Effectively manage projects and staff allocations to ensure success for clients and growth opportunities for team members;
- Identify and sustain client, supplier, and partner relationships;
- Capture new client opportunities by rapidly converging on the project needs, identifying the true objectives, and determining the appropriate resources to complete successfully;
- Bachelor’s degree in a major science or engineering discipline (e.g., Cybersecurity, Systems, Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, IT) or related field;
- Experience with cybersecurity regulations and standards such as NIST Risk Management Framework, TIR 57, TIR 97, and ISO 27001, MDR, FDA Guidance;
- Extensive overall cyber security experience in a regulated environment;
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills;
- Strong persuasion and consensus building skills with the ability to work in cross functional teams;
- Working knowledge of MS office applications, Google Office apps, and statistical analysis skills;
- Ability to independently plan and manage own work activities to achieve group and corporate objectives;
- Strong competency in Customer Focus, Driving for Results, Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values.
Health insuranceFlexible work scheduleProgressive parental and paid family leaveUnlimited vacation policyRemote FriendlyMarket salaries401k matchHigh degree of autonomy
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. At MedCrypt we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you dont believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
MedCrypt gives medical device vendors cybersecurity features in a few…
Company Size: 11 - 50 People Year Founded: 2016 Country: United States Company Status: Actively Hiring Looking for Partners Looking for Clients Raising Funds
Share This Job
More Full Time Jobs
Lead Software Engineer - Backend
Senior/ Staff Technical Program Manager (TPM)
$150000 - $180000 yearly
$60000 - $80000 yearly
Senior Backend Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
$90000 - $140000 yearly
More Companies Hiring
Automat (formerly lasso)
BEAMSTART brings you the latest news, databases, and jobs from all around the world on startups, technology, and business. Stay updated with industry news, plug-in to exciting community events, and discover incredible career opportunities with the worlds most innovative companies.
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Post a Job
- For Recruiters
- About Us
- Download App
Copyright 2023 BEAMSTART . All Rights Reserved.