|Date Posted||February 28, 2021|
Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking an experienced Deputy Cybersecurity Lead in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program. Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations.
The Deputy Cybersecurity Lead supports the Cybersecurity Lead with all Risk Management Framework (RMF), Interim Authorization to Test (IATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO) functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the Cybersecurity Lead with all Risk Management Framework (RMF) , Interim Authorization to Test (IATT) , and Authority to Operate (ATO) functions
- Assist with the review of EHR architecture and technical artifacts from a cybersecurity perspective, develop and implement Cyber Information Assurance policies and procedures, and develop associated cybersecurity related documentation.
- Serve as the alternate Point of Contact (POC) for all RMF activities with responsibility for coordinating the RMF, and ensuring the inputs satisfy the assessment and authorization of the RMF requirements process that will lead to an IATT and a full ATO from the AF Authorizing Official assigned to the system
- Assist with the development of templates and recommendation of other tools to support risk management and ATO activities.
- Assist the Cybersecurity Lead with reviewing authorizations, and providing pre-assessments for all Authorization and Assessments (A&A) systems in DHMSM and utilize DHA policy and eMASS as authoritative source for A&A.
- Identify the requirements that are security critical and establish corresponding controls for these requirements
- Periodically test and evaluate the effectiveness of information security controls
- Input data and upload artifacts relevant to this project into classified eMASS
- Track Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) agency-wide to identify areas of risk as a result of unimplemented POA&Ms
- Track the A&A status for all divisions and programs that have information systems to validate they meet the requirements to protect the data and operations.
- Support cybersecurity compliance assessment efforts by providing systems engineering and documentation support
- Assist the Cybersecurity Lead in ensuring the project meets identified milestones
- Support the development of cyber strategy and associated documentation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for customer inquiries
- BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience (4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- US Citizen with Active Secret Clearance or higher – required. Contract requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience on Defense Health Agency projects in a cybersecurity role.
- Experience conducting network and network security assessments and documenting the results using NIST SP 800-53A, completing security plans and recommending Security Controls for Federal Information Systems
- Documenting recommendations to correct security weaknesses resulting from security assessments and tracking implementation of corrective actions
- Developing network and network security policies and system security documentation and procedures
- Prior experience with DOD Accreditation and tools such as ACAS, eMASS, CMRS and HBSS
- Knowledge of networks, cyber defense toolsets and processes. Strong understanding of related technologies and significant knowledge of particular networking technologies, operating systems, and security tools, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and work with internal team members, vendors and clients.
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program
- Proficiency in ACAS/NESSUS, SCAP, HBSS
- eMASS and Continuous Monitoring Risk Scoring System (CMRS) experience
- Scripting knowledge: PowerShell, Python, Shell Scripting
- DoD 8570 Certification
- PMP Certification
- Proficiency in ACAS/NESSUS, SCAP
- Experience with the DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program
- Experience with DoD Military Health preferred
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.