|Published||January 25, 2023|
|Location||Saint Paul, MN|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people's health. We're always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
* Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
* Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
* An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
* Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
* A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
* A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Lake County, IL location in the Business and Technology Services division.
As the Cybersecurity Technology Engineer you'll have the chance to implement and review cybersecurity policies and tools for a variety of products in order to minimize risks to the business and consumers. Subject Matter Expert in cybersecurity topics and technologies.
What You'll Work On
Support cybersecurity operations by designing, developing or recommending secure technical solutions, including policy, standards, applications, systems, architectures, and infrastructure that are operationally viable and efficient. Ensure appropriate application of security products and technologies to protect the organization's systems and information and enable achievement of the organization's objectives. Manage and design innovative integration of cybersecurity toolsets to enable more automated discovery, remediation, and alerting of network and device vulnerabilities, as a means of improving the security posture. Perform analysis of emerging technologies and design and build architectures and solutions to enable secure implementation of new technologies.
* B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline
* Experience with maintaining a secure Cyber environment through configuration management, administration, and response actions
* Experience with configuring and analyzing network defense systems, including IDS/IPS, SIEM, and firewalls
* Experience with Cyber defense operations teams and complex projects
* Experience with Web-related technologies, including Web applications, Web services, service-oriented architectures, and network or Web-related protocols
* Extensive general IT skills, including but not limited to: data gathering, aggregation/collation, interpretation, reporting, presenting, stakeholder training, technical consensus building, change management/control, enterprise policy interpretation and authoring.
* Knowledge of IT operations across multiple, diverse environments and geographies, including remote access technology deployment and utilization, on-premise, cloud, and hybrid deployments.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.