|Date Posted||November 17, 2020|
ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Technical Writer Senior to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Experienced cybersecurity professional that is a skilled writer that can directly support senior customer cybersecurity leaders as their technical writer, which requires taking their discussion of a topic and formulating communication document or other written form
- Experienced collecting all the necessary information from IT and Cybersecurity Senior Leaders and Subject Mater Experts (SMEs) to build technical management, engineering and process documents
- Experienced meeting facilitator and group think strategist
- Advanced experience using publishing software, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
- Secondary duties include editing documents such as system specifications, user's manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms with standards
- Must show relevant portfolio and processes used in delivering all items and processes above
- BS Degree in Cybersecurity or IT related degree; English degree preferred or reference of expert writing skills
- Must have a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Must be able to write from scratch
- Expert Meeting facilitator/group think expert
- Able to garner information from subject matter experts using direct interview techniques or questionnaires
- Experience writing/editing/packaging reports, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidance, project and ad hoc deliverables for senior leaders and subordinate IT work force
- Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action
- Graphics experience
- MS Visio experience
- PowerPoint expertise
- MS Word or advanced editing software experience
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.