|Published||June 2, 2023|
CYBERSECURITY TECHNICAL WRITER
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Technical Writer for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
PWS Scope of work:
Configure and integrate expertise and support services necessary to expand on the accomplishments of the ECWM Pilot, while delivering user ready contract writing capability to the 4th Estate. This requires the Contractor to execute release and agile management best practices to successfully configure, integrate, test, and deliver the ECWM technology stack, contract writing interfaces, and associated connection protocols to production, within the government directed/approved AWS GovCloud.
The development and integration approach during this phase, will look to establish a capability baseline for the 4th Estate, modernize the current system, and integrate existing data by enabling communication between decoupled components within microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications. The following list highlights other key benefits and features that will be leveraged and enhanced using this integration and modernization approach:
- Enable more agile development within DLAs AWS GovCloud hosting environment
- Using data integration services to connect apps will enable for easier code interoperability and limit extra code that may be repeated in microservices and functions
- Increase focus on innovation within DLAs AWS GovCloud hosting environment
- Automatic scaling eliminates need to provision, patch, and manage servers so that resources and focus can be shifted to development and innovation
- Scale and fail independently within DLAs AWS GovCloud hosting environment
- The decoupling capability of modernized data integration services allows apps to remain interoperable, without failures or spikes in one service adversely affecting the functionality of other apps
- Highly Reliable Inter-app messaging capability within DLAs AWS GovCloud hosting environment
- Application integration messaging services will be able to accommodate any level of throughput and use cross-availability zone message storage to provide high availability and durability
- Demonstrated expertise implementing BPM Software solutions
- Comprehensive proficiency, skill, and ability to implement the procedures (i.e., Handshakes) established for the DoD Procure 2 Pay (P2P) end-to-end business processes to include configuration of data exchanges to interfacing financial business systems (e.g., Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI), General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), etc.).
- Requisite knowledge and expertise with DoD data standards (e.g., Procurement Data Standard (PDS) and Purchase Request Data Standard (PRDS))
- A firm understanding of the Integrated Acquisition Environment (IAE) and its systems, including but not limited to; Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS), and System for Award Management (SAM) - required to implement and maintain the connections and data exchanges between ECWM and those systems and others such as the Clause Logic System (CLS).
- A firm understanding of the Global Exchange (GEX), its connection protocols and its processes for data exchange with interfacing systems
Duties of a Cybersecurity Technical Writer may include:
- Develop and review technical communications deliverables including engineering documentation, operational procedures, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes
- Coordinate with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Prepare, review, edit, and maintain program technical documents, including software and system engineering documents, CONOPS, test reports, user documentation, implementation documentation, etc.
- Creating, reviewing, editing and maintaining technical drawings
- Research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader.
- Creating technical briefings including executive leadership briefings.
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of technical writing experience including developing communications deliverables plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external cyber audiences
- Experience with creating and maintaining government records associated with cybersecurity activities, documentation, and SOPs.
- Excellent hands-on experience with Microsoft Office including MS Word, PowerPoint and Visio or related tools.
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, federal leads and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment.
- Experience working in a cyber or an IT environment
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
- Experience with software or agile development methodologies.
Salary Range: 85,000 - 97,500
Horizon offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare (medical, dental, vision and disability), a 401k program where you are 100% vested from day one with an employer match after 90 days, an Educational Assistance program, a Student Loan Repayment Program and Gym Reimbursement Program.
Founded in 1996, Horizon Industries Limited (Horizon) has evolved into a company of highly qualified professionals that provides full-cycle IT Consultant and Management support in both the private and public sectors.
Horizon's culture is based on our core values and we PRIDE ourselves on a diverse, employee, and family-centric approach.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.