|Published||June 2, 2023|
SAIC has an opportunity for a Cybersecurity Technical Writer! The successful candidate will provide support to the Cybersecurity Integrity Center (CIC) in the Department of State Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM). Duties are in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (30% in downtown D.C; 70% in Beltsville, MD). The CIC supports cybersecurity monitoring, threat analysis, incident response, and infrastructure remediation within and across all of the State Department's information technology (IT) infrastructure in a 24x7x365 operation. The CIC coordinates and collaborates with other State Department bureaus as well as other organizations within the Federal Government, and commercial partners.
The position may allow temporary hybrid remote work due to Covid-19.Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request. This role requires onsite work.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the systems / processes / procedure and the documentation requirements.
- Write technical and process documentation for various audiences, including but not limited to CDRL reports, Software Design Documents, Requirements, Deployment Plans, RCAs, Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Collaborate with team to write essential internal documentation that builds shared understanding.
- Learn complex technical information and communicate it in a readable, concise, and accurate manner to both technical and non-technical persons.
- Coordinate shared content and deliverables with other writers.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 3 + Years; Master's degree and 1 + Years; May accept additional experience in lieu of degree
- Speaks and writes fluent, grammatically correct English
- Experience and knowledge from working in Cybersecurity
- Experience researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for senior system administrators, business analysts, and/or developers.
- Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
- Self- starter and problem solver
- Proven working experience in technical writing of Cybersecurity documentation.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Ability to
- Ability to write proposals, brochures, press releases, and other materials to ensure technical accuracy, consistency, and adherence to specified content and format.
- Compiles and collects information for the preparation of technical briefings
- Communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain Top Secret
Desired Education & Skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills; attention to detail
- Experience working with multiple high priority tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable documenting and defining system details
- Senior level documentation and reporting skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.