|Date Posted||July 2, 2019|
Serves as specialist for Cybersecurity-related technologies to provide support for Cybersecurity Operations, including providing high technical direction to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements in addition to completing day-to-day support activities and leading special projects.
- Provide day-to-day and on-demand support for Cybersecurity-related technology.
- Administer systems and maintain smooth operation of multi-user and distributed computer systems.
- Solve advanced user hardware and software problems.
- Communicate, analyze and fix routine and non-routine problems and provide proper solutions or remedies.
- Support rapid prototyping and provisioning of Cybersecurity-related technology for evaluation and assessment.
- Apply security measures and system hardening to fielded computing systems.
- Establish priorities based on recognized guidelines and procedures.
- Assist with documenting and communicating proposed new approaches, methods, technologies or breakthroughs in area of expertise and coordinate effort with less experienced team members to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Support functions, systems, and processes critical to the corporation's ability to meet regulatory, legal, and risk mitigation requirements and reduce the risk of fine/penalties resulting from non-compliance that would impact profitability.
- Interact, coordinate, and oversee lead initiatives with internal and outside teams and external professional organizations supporting areas of expertise.
- Represent Enterprise Security as a domain expert for governance, compliance, and risk management function on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc. as required.
- Serve as backup to the Team Leader as required and mentor less experienced personnel.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position operates under supervision and provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced personnel.
Education and Experience Required:
Associates' degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or related field and a minimum of 4 years' relevant work experience in one or more of the following Cybersecurity domains: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Testing, and/or Security Operations, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following Cybersecurity domains: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Testing, and/or Security Operations
Capable of researching and recommending application development support software and hardware platforms through an understanding of client area function and deliverable requirements for current and future-state planning
Prior experience completing complex problem analysis and resolution across multiple disciplines
Prior experience with and proven aptitude for quickly learning new technical skills and supporting multiple systems, tools, and processes
Experience actively leading complex problem and technical analysis walkthroughs
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or related discipline
CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control) and/or other Cybersecurity domain-related industry-recognized certification
Experience with the Bank's application development support software and hardware platforms Ability to introduce application development alternatives through an understanding of client area function and deliverable requirements for current and future-state planning
Detailed technical experience with mainframe, virtual, and/or distributed computing environments
Detailed experience with one or more programming languages, with a focus on scripting-oriented languages
Experience completing multiple shift schedules to support 24x7 team
Ability to act as a surrogate team leader to assign, review, evaluate and prioritize team efforts
Strong in pertinent software operating system administration
Experience in operating system hardening, computing system security lock down measures
Able to learn quickly in a rapid pace environment
Ability to provide business-as-usual daily support for Bank applications owned by Cybersecurity