|Date Posted||August 26, 2021|
Cybersecurity Technical Analyst
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced technical Cybersecurity Analyst to join an exciting team implementing risk management and cybersecurity support for a strategic federal customer. Activities will include hands-on support of Cybersecurity operations and information assurance. The team will also lead the completion of Operational Security, Vulnerability Management, and Assessment & Authorization (A&A) requirements under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and all other relevant cybersecurity standards, directives and policies, including the alignment with the administration, implementation and configuration of security tools to enhance the risk posture of customer networks.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Performs security assessments of systems and networks and establishes strict program control processes to ensure risk mitigation.
• Deploy tools and equipment to intercept and inspect network and email traffic
• Develops and updates the system security plan, configuration of system controls, POA&M, security assessment reports and any other additional security process and documentation.
• Supports third-party security assessment activities.
• Conducts audit log management and supports policy compliance.
• Plan, implement, manage, and upgrade security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
• Troubleshoot security and network problems.
• Respond to all system and/or network security breaches.
• Ensure that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
• Participate in the change management process.
• Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
• Perform security control assessment through a firewalled team, test controls to ensure that they are implemented properly
• Assess Authority to Operate (ATO) Packages for accuracy and completeness
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
• Experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics.
• Experience with vulnerability management
• Expert knowledge in security engineering, Network engineering, penetration testing, assessment of security controls
• Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance) and Endpoint Security.
• Expert knowledge of security industry best practices and standards
• Working knowledge of industry best and leading security software
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
• Ability to collaborate and work with a diverse group of Project and Cybersecurity SMEs.
• Familiarity with NIST standards
o Experience on Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37)
o Experience in writing, assessment and validation of the control implementation statements based on NIST 800-53
• Experience with security software such as Tenable, Splunk, and BigFix
• Relevant Certifications: Any of CISSP, CCNA, OSCP, CAP or other relevant
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Cybersecurity Practitioner