|Location||Riverdale Park, MD|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
Required Security Clearance:
8570 Category Requirement:
IAT Level II
8570 Specialist Requirement:
CSSP Infrastructure Support
Potential for Teleworking:
Base-2's Cyber Systems Administrator (ISSO) designs and evaluates end-to-end systems through their entire life cycle. Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and customer information assurance and cybersecurity standards and practices through formal verification methods with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics.
Functional Duties: Cyber Systems Administrator (ISSO)
- Conducts software and systems engineering and software systems research to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems.
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software.
- Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design.
- Handles the full range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration/testing issues.
- Has developed trusted relationships with customers.
- Provides advanced guidance and leadership to less-experienced cybersecurity personnel.
- May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
- Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
- Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs
- Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments
- Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
- Support the building of security architectures o Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
- Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
Skills and Tasks
- Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational.
- Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team.
- Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
Capabilities and additional Requirements
- In addition to Standard Characteristics of Labor Category, advocate and recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements.
- Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy.
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives.
- Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity.
- Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
Education and Experience
- HS/GED + 12 years
- Associates Degree + 10 years
- Bachelor’s Degree + 8 years
- Master’s Degree + 6 years
- PhD + 4 years