|Date Posted||September 6, 2019|
Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS LEADING INTO THIS:
- Knowledge of network topologies, layered security architectures & designs, network based security, host based protection, anti-virus, and security management
- System engineering processes such as requirements analysis, requirement management, use case and scenario generation, and security architecture development
- Experienced with developing Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation for National Security Systems (using CNSS-1253)
- Experience with vulnerability assessments, artifact collection, analysis, and risk
- Supported patch management, system hardening, and verification of STIG compliance for OSs (e.g. Windows 2012, Windows 10, and Linux operating systems), COTS applications, and other IA products and IA enabled products.
- Hands-on experience with ACAS-NESSUS & SCAP scans and analysis, STIG CKLs, SCC benchmarks, Vulnerator
- Technical leadership experience
- Experience dealing with Primes and Customers
Minimal certification is Security+.
Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Candidates must have a Secret security clearance. Applicants selected will be subjected to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Cybersecurity Systems Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs or leads security requirements analysis, security requirements definition, system security design, security architecture generation, security trade studies, and security verification and validation with little or no supervision
- Performs or leads security planning, cost and risk analyses for the program security activities
- Performs or leads customer security requirements analysis, develops system security requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Contributes to detailed security analyses at the system of system (SOS) level
- Synthesizes security solutions within the context of the system to meet customer expectations while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine security of design
- Effectively chooses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of the security engineering products
- Executes or leads the execution of the development of program required security documentation, including items such as security plans, contingency plans, and security tests plans and procedures in compliance with the IA policy
- Supports or leads the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the generation of the documentation for the program
- Executes the security testing and evaluation to ensure the correct implementation of security requirements
- Executes security scanning and the analysis of the scan results
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle
- May supervise or manage lower level employees
- May mentor less experienced engineers within the department on IA/cyber
- Leads technical security tasks for medium teams or projects
- Leads small security proposals and contributes the security portions of medium sized proposals
- Leads the generation of small subcontract Statement of Works (SOWs)
- Assess management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an information system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls and gather compliance evidence
- Develop assessment efficiencies through automation tools, processes, and script.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work effectively in a fast-paced highly collaborative cyber defense team environment.
- Engineer with advanced cyber security technology, trends, security architectures, systems, and components.
- Develop Cyber Security designs and provide convincing arguments on the merits of the Cyber Security ideas, concepts, systems and detailed designs.
- Communicate with excellent written and verbal skills Cyber Security designs, implementations, related issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Learn new concepts, products and technologies continuously on the job.
- Be a self-starter and work with little or no direct supervision.
- Use sound systems security engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems with high proficiency.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of at least one adjacent discipline (networking, software, systems, etc.)
- Apply cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), STIGs and other government security specifications and guidelines.
- Participate in or lead security working groups.
- Communicate with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams.
- Maintain good communications and rapport with the external customer security professionals.
- Contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Use all Microsoft Office applications with ease.
- CISSP certification is preferred.
** RELOCATION MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION**
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran