|Published||September 17, 2023|
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. has a contingent opportunity for a full time Cybersecurity Systems Engineer in Newport, RI.
Summary: Epsilon Systems seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to support Cybersecurity Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages for Navy Information Systems (ISs) and Cross Domain Solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating A&A packages up to the TS/SCI level, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Cybersecurity Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages up to TS/SCI level for Navy Information Systems and Cross Domain Solutions.
- Identify and mitigate risks during the A&A process to ensure system authorization.
- Generate A&A strategy, boundary diagrams, and supporting documentation in compliance with NAVSEA eMASS Business Rules.
- Conduct security tests, vulnerability assessments, and generate reports for risk assessments and mitigations.
- Develop and test systems security contingency and disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure security deficiencies are corrected and assessed for risk.
- Collaborate with a Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) for package validation.
- Integrate information systems security for test events requiring authorization.
- Perform system maintenance, scans, and updates following security guidelines.
- Conduct periodic vulnerability scans and report technical findings.
- Integrate information systems security during PTOM test events.
- Conduct system design reviews and ensure PTOM compliance with DoD and Navy CS standards.
- Review PTOM testing requirements and perform cybersecurity System Level Tests, reporting technical comments and findings to the Government.
- Provide technical solutions to maintain system authorization.
- Maintain existing security posture and collect necessary cybersecurity data.
- Perform Annual Reviews and assess cybersecurity risk for system changes.
- Coordinate with system owners and ISSM to create test schedules.
- Generate briefs on required maintenance and provide technical solutions.
- Maintain Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) status, complete required actions, and deliver Vulnerability Scan Reports.
- Implement vulnerability management tasks, resolve Category 1 and 2 vulnerabilities.
- Document non-compliant results in a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M).
- Report compliance and provide mitigation recommendations.
- Maintain the POA&M throughout software-related SOW tasks
- Bachelor's level degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science or any of CNSSI 4012, 4013, 4014, 4016 or Certificate or equivalent military training.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in computer design, software development, or computer networks.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity standards and regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Possess effective oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Possess or ability to obtain and maintain at minimum a Secret level clearance.
- Any relevant certifications, such as CISSP or CISM, are a plus
- Master's level degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science
- Possess or ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level clearance.
- Work for this position is conducted in a professional office environment.
- Must be able to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Travel (10%) may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.