|Published||June 4, 2023|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
Jacobs is seeking a Cybersecurity Sustainment Engineerto support the NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to "provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites." As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
**This position reports to the Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station.
The Cyber Security Engineer implements/maintains the security and integrity of information systems and networks. Identifies and resolves moderately complex issues to prevent cyber-attacks on information systems and to keep computer information systems secure from interruption of service, intellectual property theft, network viruses, data mining, financial theft, and theft of sensitive customer data, allowing business to continue as normal.
Typical Duties Include:
- Develop and collect artifacts to document compliance for cybersecurity controls IAW DoD and NIST RMF guidelines.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of analytical and technical methodologies, tools, and policies/standards to ensure a cyber-secure environment for the customer.
- May provide computer forensic and intrusion support to high-technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments.
- Participate in configuration control process for hardware and software to include technology selection/recommendation and ongoing configuration management.
- Analysis of established security requirements recommendation of additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal ST&E required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in tests, analysis of the results, and the preparation of required reports.
- Continuously monitor cybersecurity posture of each system and implement corrective actions or mitigations until all vulnerabilities are addressed.
Educational Requirements: AS degree in IT, IT Security, Network Systems Technology, or related field preferred
Certification Requirements: Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher (e.g., Security+ CE or higher)
- 4 years of Cybersecurity experience or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Functional experience with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) as described in DoDI 8510.01 and NIST SP 800-37.
- Functional knowledge of information technology (workstation, server, network, voice, video) to include hardware, software, OS/IOS.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are crucial to conduct continuous monitoring of cybersecurity measures, to identify risks, and to provide risk prevention and mitigation approaches.
- Ability to work with diverse teams of engineering and support personnel in a mission-critical operational environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in scaled Agile environment frameworks such as SAFe.
- Experience supporting NC3 mission systems/subsystems.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy, and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights, and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets, and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time.Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers, and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with the established work schedule is mandatory.
- Shift Work is required to support operations.The candidate chosen for this position will work varying shifts
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military, and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress are usually business casual, but dependent on the client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess dual citizenship (i.e., a citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
This position is expected to pay $93,000-$95,000 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include education reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.