|Published||September 24, 2022|
|Location||MARTINS ADD, MD|
Are you looking for a Cybersecurity internship that will challenge you and provide real opportunities to apply the skills that you are learning in college? GEICO's Cybersecurity Summer Internship will do all this and more!
During your paid 10-week internship, you will:
- Have the unique opportunity to utilize your skills through individual assignments and team projects
- Work on systems that defend GEICO, attend meetings, and give presentations to senior management
- Receive mentoring and coaching from members of Cybersecurity management
- Interact with associates at all levels of our cybersecurity organization-even our CISO
- Develop your technical, project management, and communication skills
GEICO's Cybersecurity teams have positioned our company as a leader amongst its peers in the Cybersecurity space. Being a summer intern at GEICO has the potential to lead to a full-time tech career upon graduation.
Required Candidate Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other relevant engineering major
- Current junior or senior status (i.e., class of December 2023 or May 2024)
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 (Please upload ALL transcripts as part of the application process)
- Coursework or related work/internship experience using various cybersecurity technologies
- Experience with programming and scripting languages like Python, Bash, Java, .NET, or C#
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, programming and communication skills
- Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies, resulting in projects that demonstrate strong engineering skills and abilities
Candidate will participate in a technical skills assessment and multi-dimensional interviews as part of the internship selection process.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.