|Date Posted||February 7, 2020|
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are seeking a Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert; position located in Crystal City, VA.
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle’s Cyber Innovations Unit. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we’re creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Battelle is a world leader in science and technology services and research. The Cyber Innovations Unit, Cyber Architecture & Advisory Services Practice specializes in providing advanced cybersecurity solutions to our government and commercial clients. The Cyber Architecture & Advisory Services is seeking a Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert to develop the Security Architecture, requirements, and Security Authorization Process (Certification & Accreditation) effort for the Department of Homeland Security. The SENSR program is a cross-agency, multibillion-dollar infrastructure project intended to modernize the Nation’s aging weather and aircraft surveillance radar systems.
You will shape technical cybersecurity architecture development; perform risk-based architecture analysis; evaluate emerging cyber technologies; evaluate and shape cybersecurity policy, regulations and guidelines; author executive level briefings; and shape the security authorization process for the SENSR national security system. You will be a part of a “talent advantaged” advanced team of Cybersecurity SMEs that provide executive level cyber architecture advisory services to government executives and Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs).
This quick fill position is located at Crystal City, VA and L’Enfant Plaza, Washington DC. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. The selected candidate will be expected to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Provide expert cybersecurity policy, risk and technical advisory services to IT executives
- Lead and participate in full lifecycle security authorization activities for mission critical applications
- Develop and deliver security policy papers and briefings
- Provide research and analysis of latest information technology security trends
- Identification of policy gaps and inconsistencies with follow-on development of recommendations regarding specific emerging technologies.
- Lead and participate in multi-discipline working groups.
- Assist with the development of cyber testing strategy and plan
- Assist with the development of the Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) strategy and plan
- Provide expert knowledge of network security concepts, methodologies and technologies
- Provide effective organization and cost analysis and modeling
- Evaluate and analyze leading edge security technologies to be implemented to improve the organization’s security posture.
- Work with research and development (R&D) organizations to define requirements to design and develop leading-edge security solutions.
- Collaborate with fellow Cyber Security Practice Team Members both locally and across the Cyber Security Practice in the full-lifecycle development and delivery of security technology solutions.
- Actively participate in leading edge cyber security conferences, working groups and training
- Actively participate in Cyber Security Practice “Solving the Toughest Security Problems” expert group
- 10+ years IT experience with at least 4+ years of that experience in information assurance and cybersecurity
- Experience developing, integrating and securing information management systems from initial general requirement to sustained operation
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA)
- Certified Information Systems Professional (CISSP)
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance or DHS “Enter on Duty” (EOD) or “Full Suitability Approval” (FSA) Background Investigation status
- Motivated self-starter who requires minimal supervision and oversight
- Strong organizational, and time management skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong Analytical and Writing skills with history of producing quality technical documentation
- Proven knowledge of NIST 800-53 rev4 Operation, Technical, and Managerial Controls, IT, cybersecurity and physical security concepts and principles
- Proven experience working in collaborative sessions demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills along with tactful negotiation skills
- Extensive experience developing and documenting information system security controls.
- Experience with multi-million-dollar procurement, program cost analysis, and budget management.
- Experience in program, project and task management, systems and security engineering, requirements analysis, risk management and strategic planning
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Experience with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to include: Air Marine Operations, National Guard Support to Federal, State, Local, and Tribal Authorities, Border Operations, Operational Intelligence; Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems; Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED), and law enforcement support
- Experience with IT Security Engineering in support of systems development, interface, and/or architecture requirements and concepts for Border Protection solution elements; and
- Experience with radar systems and GPS.
- Experience with DOD ACAT acquisition programs.
- Experience with Supply Chain Rick Management
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- M.S. in Information Systems or related field
- Experience with DHS MD 4300A and CBP Handbook Security Controls and ST&E Process.
- Experience with DHS IACS Xacta software
- Consulting environment experience
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers