|Date Posted||December 31, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
The cybersecurity specialist works with the product cybersecurity program by establishing highly effective policies, corporate protocols and appropriate collaboration among teams. In addition, this role assumes responsibility for the education and enforcement of those protocols and matters of compliance.
In tandem with cybersecurity leadership, cybersecurity specialists consistently monitor and adapt the cybersecurity management systems. They must be adept at clearly communicating requirements in written and verbal form and possess 3+ years’ experience in cybersecurity and systems administration across a wide variety of cloud infrastructure), ideally for consumer products. They are also expected to have a strong work ethic, leverage analytical and critical thinking, and be skillful at meeting change requests at a moment’s notice.
This role is dependent on experience – employees with more experience may take on more responsibility in the following tasks. In addition, the role complements the more technical cybersecurity engineer, and overlap is possible and even encouraged for those with the desire and proficiency to be more technical.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and manage privacy, security, business resiliency and compliance frameworks.
- Attend regular technical project and implementation meetings and serve as the security consultant to help guide secure practices.
- Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing risk to cloud computing environments.
- Manage remediation efforts after security assessment findings outline weaknesses requiring attention.
- Document, formulate and enforce areas of security improvement that balance risk with business operations and do not diminish efficiencies or innovation.
- Participate in technical and non-technical projects requiring information security oversight and to ensure policies, procedures and standards are met.
- Serve as an additional security team member, aiding in incident response (IR).
- Maintain vendor management standards, questionnaires and documentation to adhere to regulatory compliance.
- Interface with internal and external auditors for risk assessments.
- Recommend new security solutions as well as effective improvements to existing security controls that do not negatively impact business innovation.
- Stay apprised of current and proposed security changes impacting regulatory, privacy and security industry best practice guidance. Apply learned knowledge across key lines of business, including products, practices and procedures.
- Act as a key figure in incident response to track occurrence and resolution, with strict documentation and reporting as well as engagement with security operations and incident response teams.
- Attend and fully engage in change and project management meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- At least 3 years of cybersecurity experience.
- Expertise in incident response and system monitoring and analysis.
- Experience with compliance requirements (GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate business risk as it relates to cybersecurity.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments that protect the business and adhere with compliance and privacy laws.
- Knowledge of multiple computing platforms, including Windows, OSX, Linux, Unix, networks and endpoints.
- Experience with vulnerability and penetration testing engagements.
- Experience with change and project management.
- Up-to-date understanding of a wide range of incident response, system configuration, vulnerability management and hardening guidelines.
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, cybersecurity, forensics, or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Master’s degree
- HITRUST, ISO27001, SOC2, and/or FedRAMP management experience
- Possesses highly effective communications skills with the ability to influence business units.
- Acts with integrity, takes pride in work and seeks to excel, be curious and adaptable.
- Displays an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Is highly organized and efficient.
- Leverages strategic and tactical thinking.
- Works calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
- Is highly trustworthy and leads by example.
- Stays current with evolving threat landscape.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.