|February 9, 2024
HUNTSVILLE, AL 1 - Huntsville, AL
As a Cybersecurity Specialist II on our team, you will be supporting a Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and respective systems ISSMs/ISSOs with oversight Authorization & Accreditation activities under the Risk Management Framework (RMF). You will leverage your cybersecurity experience to assist our team in reviewing and coordinating submission of system authorization packages, assessing configuration controls, ensuring application of cybersecurity policies and best practices, and monitoring and reporting system cybersecurity statuses to MDA stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with system developers and administrators to guide systems to authorization
- Provide quality review of system authorization packages, controls, and artifacts in eMASS
- Expected to organize and participate in meetings as it relates to the job function
- Manages information security implications within the organization as directed by leadership
- Assist in development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for cybersecurity management
- Works without considerable direction.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework and DoD authorization processes
- Experience utilizing eMASS, Xacta, or similar compliance tools
- Capable of reviewing controls and package artifacts for validity
- Able to lead the assessment of artifacts and guide the authorization of responsible systems either independently or as a team
Additional desired skills/experience:
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and effectively engage multiple stakeholders
- 2+ years of IAM experience in the DoD Environment preferred
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Management (IAM-II) Certification
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology (IT), including 5+ years of experience in Information Assurance Management (IAM)
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High values the power and strength of diverse backgrounds on the culture and performance of our company. We strive to maintain an inclusive culture to encourage each employee to bring their whole self to the mission.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Equal opportunity legal notices can be viewed on the following PDF's: EEO is the Law; EEO is the Law Supplement; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Warning: Beware of recruitment scams: System High will never request money or personal purchases during the hiring process. Verify all communications come from a systemhigh.com or msg.paycomonline.com email address.