|Date Posted||February 8, 2020|
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cybersecurity Specialist joining our team to support JSP-ETM activities at the Pentagon
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cybersecurity Specialist supporting JSP-ETM you will apply your understanding of computer security, military system specifications, and Department of Defense Information Assurance (DoD) (IA) policies, in the execution of all aspects of the systems and their Cybersecurity posture. You would be responsible for DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF), and the implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques, various IA-enabled network technologies and appliances to facilitate certification and security engineering tasks in support of the customer.
You will partner with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology life-cycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective
- Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations
- Lead the identification of disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
- Lead the preparation and execution an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan
- Lead the preparation and production of a System Security Plan (SSP)
- Lead the preparation of a Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Lead or Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Use tools such as Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Junos Space, Cisco Prime and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Education and work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Masters degree is preferred.
- 4 years of experience in information technology and 1 year of of lead experience.
- Active Secret security clearance (minimum)
- DoD 8570 certification IAT or IAM Level II or Level III
- Computing environment certification (Examples: MCSE Server 2012, MCSA Server 2012, MCSE Productivity, Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, RHCSS, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novell Certified Linux Engineer, Oracle Solaris System Administrator (OCA, OCP or OCF), GCUX, BSDA, CSE – Specialty in Networking and Security – HP-UX, etc.)
- Experience with computer networking and telecommunication architecture, the OSI model, and communications protocols
- Experience with DoD Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process, DoD Authorization & Accreditation including familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the process to obtain an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Strong English communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations
- TS/SCI clearance
- System Administrators – Linux, Windows, VMWare, Juniper, Cisco, BigIP, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple database architectures: Cisco, Oracle, Linux, Windows, and VMWare
- Experience in coordination of:
- Management Networks
- Out Of Band Management
- Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) implementation
- Experience in ITIL framework
- Experience with conducting internal security reviews/audits of responsible government systems
- Ability to develop and present briefings to technical and senior management audiences and communicate assessment results, risk analyses, mitigation strategies, and forward plans
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.