|Date Posted||October 1, 2021|
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings – architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management – to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics – “success” to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients’ expectations to “Make a Difference.” This position offers the opportunity to live and work in the great weather, mountains, and outdoor playground of Utah, and be an integral part of the Salt Lake City Michael Baker A/E team. Our team has been and is currently designing a wide array of interesting projects, including new F-35 Hangars, pilot training facilities, State Library rehabilitation, petrol-chemical facilities, and new hotels. Our multi-discipline team works together to deliver the complete package of Architecture, Civil, Structures, Mechanical, and Electrical/Communications. Our team is also executing these projects using cloud hosted B.I.M. techniques, the most innovative design and construction delivery method in use today. This process encourages collaboration within the design team and with the builder (contractor).
Michael Baker International is seeking a Cybersecurity Professional to join either our Midvale/Salt Lake City, Utah or Denver, Colorado office. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic professional with responsibilities including design and documentation for a broad range of project types. With a current focus on growing Federal, Department of Defense, and International project opportunities, along with market-driven diversification including Healthcare, Transit, and Adaptive Re-Use, candidate will work in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project design teams with architects, interior designers, civil engineers, and building systems engineers. Candidate must demonstrate creative problem-solving, initiative to learn new concepts, organizational skills, an ability to work in a team environment with licensed electrical engineers, and a basic understanding of construction documents, facility-related cybersecurity standards and constructability. The successful candidate will develop comprehensive cybersecurity information and communications technology (ICT) systems designs for buildings including but not limited to telecommunications and facility related control systems.
• Perform complex analysis, design, evaluation and inspection for a specific area of technical expertise which includes Cybersecurity for facility related control systems in support of project objectives
• Design, Review, and Edit project plans, specifications, and confer with other disciplines and managers to determine assistance required in plan preparation, evaluation of project conditions, design changes and reports
• Front-facing to clients. Perform client and project needs assessments, determine and discuss potential solutions, and ensure satisfactory customer service
• Prepare and present technical and program information to team members, management, and clients
• Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, review, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned task
• Coordinate or perform field work to gather data and materials
• Perform research to support project tasks
• Review and interpret data to prepare complex analyses and reports
• Maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification and current working knowledge of government and industry cybersecurity design criteria and standards
• Perform quality control reviews
• Create client communications and cost estimates
• Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during project/production activities
• Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Information Technology, Information Security, or Engineering required
- 2+ years direct experience specializing in DoD RMF procedures and processes desired
- Experience specializing in Government UFC, UFGS, and NIST standards highly desired
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certification(s) (i.e., Security+, GSEC, SSCP, etc) required
- CISSP credential preferred but not required
- Experience with DoD Authorization to Operate (ATO) Processes and Procedures preferred
- Knowledge and experience with industry best practices, security standards, policies, and standards including NIST SP 800-53 rev4, SP 800-82 rev2, FIPS-199, FIPS-200, etc.
- Strong understanding of IT security infrastructure technologies and Facility-Related Control System technologies and functionalities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) and Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD.
Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) preferred
- Effective visual/verbal communication skills are essential. Candidate should possess a proficient understanding of interrelationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail