|Date Posted||September 16, 2021|
Position: Cybersecurity Specialist
Location: Augusta, ME
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 8 Months to start
- This position works in the Cybersecurity center
- You will be focusing on data analytics geared towards Cyberthreat Intelligence.
- This information is classified and unclassified so you will be required to pass an in-person interview with the team, background check and a fingerprint screen.
- You will be required to work and coordinate with other departments like Information Technology
- This requires good communication, written, and organizational skills to work toward common cybersecurity goals.
- There will be times when extended hours will be necessary during crisis situations and contingency operations.
- Due to this position being new they are looking for someone who has experience in a similar environment who can share aspects and processes to help create a successful environment.
- Strong written skills are required in this area to create workflows, SOP’s, documentation and the like.
- As a strategic cyber intelligence analyst, you are responsible for piecing together disparate bits of information to form integrated views on issues of national security and public safety.
- Strategic analysis provides an overall picture of the intent and capabilities of malicious cyber actors, tools, and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- This analyst will primarily focus on identifying trends, patterns, and emerging risks and threats, and provide senior leaders in local organizations with cyber intelligence that furthers their critical understanding of the cyber threat environment.
- Gathers, analyzes, correlates, and evaluates cyber threat information
- Prepares written reports and finished products pertaining to tactical, operational, and/or Strategic intelligence to provide cyber information
- Conducts targeted research, and prepares presentations and oral briefings to supervisors, managers, and/or identified partners concerning cyber investigative, operational, and/or strategic intelligence to translate or explain what information means and how it can be used.
- Plans, oversees, coordinates, assigns, and evaluates the work of support team members
- Conduct special projects and research studies
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited higher education institution in Cybersecurity with a specific emphasis on Homeland Security Criminal Justice, Intelligence, or a related field strong working knowledge of cybersecurity and Homeland security strategy preferred.
- A master’s or graduate degree is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in a team and task force environment.
- Strong computer application skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in an analytical role of either network forensics analysis or cyber threat mitigation intelligence analyst threat analyst.
- Experience in investigative or incident response environments.
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a secret clearance through the Department of Homeland Security
Top 3 Skills
- Network Forensics
- Investigative response environments
- Research and Analysis
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.