|Published||November 21, 2022|
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
* Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
* Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
* Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
* Problem Solver
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
Back to Job Navigation (Qualifications)
"Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I'd get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company's value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I'm grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I'll be supported in doing that every step of the way."
Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
* 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
* Professional Development
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
* Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
* Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Back to Job Navigation (Benefits)
Cybersecurity Software Engineer Staff
Job ID: 621706BR Date posted: Nov. 17, 2022 Locations: Manassas, VirginiaProgram: ARCI COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for an experienced Cybersecurity Software Engineering Professional with a solid software development background and strong adversarial mind-set in Cybersecurity. The opportunity is within the Rotary & Mission Systems Technical Operations organization, located in Manassas, Virginia.
You will work as a team member on one of our US Navy anti-submarine warfare programs to provide Software Engineering development and problem resolution (using your skills in C, C++, Python or Java), to analyze system and software interactions on our Linux based systems, while ensuring that Cybersecurity Software Engineering best practices are adhered to. You will be tasked with identifying and remediating various software security vulnerabilities, and you will need to interface with customers, other developers, and various support teams to ensure both the security and the performance of the system are appropriately considered. You will be expected to assist in the evaluation of software for cyber security, including making recommendations for tools and techniques to implement in our solutions to meet current and future Software Cyber security needs, and developing methods to integrate those tools into our development pipelines and workflows.
* Minimum of Interim Secret clearance to start
* Experience developing software within a Linux/Unix environment using the C , C++, Python, or Java programming languages.
* Experience working in an environment that utilizes the Agile process and DevSecOps principles with knowledge of how to build solutions using the technology and a willingness to identify, promote, and implement improvement to these processes.
* Experience developing shell scripts within either the Bash or ksh environments.
* Experience with identifying and remediating software security vulnerabilities (input sanitization, format string vulnerabilities, heap overflows, etc.)
* Senior leadership experience in navigating the Risk Managment Framework (RMF) process.
* Active security certification or in pursuit thereof (e.g., Security+, CISSP, etc)
* Senior level experience with cyber tool evaluation, system design and integration - Ability to research vendor applications for suitability to system requirements, conduct trade studies, and design systems that integrate COTS, FOSS, and custom components.
* Strong experience working in Linux and its secured derivative SELinux
* Experience with CM, build, deployment and patch automation tools -Atlassian toolset, Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Ansible (or Puppet, Chef)
* Experience working in an environment that utilizes the Agile process and DevSecOps principles and strong communication skills to be able to discuss DevSecOps across disparate technical teams.
* Possess an adversarial mindset as it pertains to the software development lifecycle - Ability to envision weaknesses in how people, processes, suppliers, and technologies integrate. Ability to envision threats to the system that can exploit these weaknesses and to appropriately assess and communicate risks and priorities to program leadership.
* Strong understanding of cyber hardening tools and techniques (encryption, authentication, non-repudiation, anti-tamper, least privilege, default deny, auditing) and when/where to apply them along the DevSecOps workflows; emphasis placed on fluency in cryptographic principles.
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) in defensive cybersecurity methods.
* Moderate to strong familiarity hands-on experience with cloud technology - virtual machines and containers
* Ability to envision threats to the system that can exploit these weaknesses and to appropriately assess and communicate risks and priorities to program leadership. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First