|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework SME
- Primary responsibility is to perform tasks related to Assessment & Authorization (A&A) and cybersecurity under the Defense Health Agency (DHA) to obtain and maintain Authorizations to Operate (ATOs) for assigned DoD medical systems (i.e., applications, networks, devices).
- This position will be a part of a team developing recommended courses of action needed to transition current policies and procedures to the DHA RMF-approved processes.
- Provide solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity.
- Problems are broadly defined and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more technologies/skills related to A&A activities.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Actively participate in working group meetings to identify, plan, and execute strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies.
- Attend and participate in regular A&A status meetings to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes.
Day-to-day tasks are contingent on related experience and assigned role, and may include the following:
- Develop, update, and/or review RMF documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Risk Assessment Reports.
- Assess system compliance against NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs).
- Produce evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements.
- Work with system administrators, engineers, and developers to create or update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides.
- Coordinate with other system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories.
- Conduct regular vulnerability scans of information systems and assist in remediation tasks.
- Submit weekly reports to DHA leadership regarding system/program status.
- BS degree and six (6) years of experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology, or twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology and demonstrated efficiency and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- RMF package development, including POA&Ms (mitigation statements), Security Plans, Risk Assessments, system/site policies, procedures, and processes, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- DISA STIGs/SRGs validation
- NIST 800-53 control validation
- Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS)
- RMF policy development and strategy implementation
- BIOMED experience (former technician, physician, engineer, etc.) installing, testing, using, maintaining, designing, and/or modifying medical equipment and applications
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Management Framework (experience under DHA a plus).
- Excellent customer service and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with NIST publications.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- DoD 8570-compliant (CompTIA Security+ certified).
- Ability to obtain OS certification or complete approved related training within 180 days of hire.
- Ability to travel up to 25-35% **Note: Position is remote-based;
Additional Qualifications a Plus:
- Experience with eMASS.
Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- Medical devices.
- Network Devices.
- Databases – MS SQL, Oracle.
- VMWare – Virtualization.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$