|Published||August 27, 2023|
Our government client is looking for an experienced Cybersecurity Project Manager on a hybrid 9+ months’ renewable contract opportunity in Indianapolis, IN.
Position: Cybersecurity Project Manager
This role plays a critical part in defining the enterprise security tools, strategy, architecture, and practices. The Cybersecurity Project Manager will collaborate with various stakeholders, including IT teams, vendors, and end users, to drive projects to successful completion within the defined scope, timeline and budget.
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
• Collaborate with the Security Operations Team and relevant stakeholders to define project goals, objectives, scope, and requirements. Develop comprehensive project plans, outlining tasks, timelines, resource requirements, and potential risks.
• Work with the Security Operations Team to develop and implement the statewide cybersecurity strategy, aligning it with industry best practices and state policies.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at different levels, including department heads, technical teams, and end-users. Ensure effective communication and manage expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including project charters, status reports, change requests, and meeting minutes. Provide regular status updates and progress reports to stakeholders and management.
• Identify potential cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities within state systems and infrastructure. Develop risk mitigation strategies and response plan to minimize the impact of security incidents.
• Oversee execution of cybersecurity projects, ensuring adherence to project plans, security standards, and regulatory requirements. Monitor progress and address any deviations from the plan promptly.
• Identify opportunities to enhance cybersecurity processes, methodologies, and tools. Implement best practices to strengthen the state’s overall cybersecurity posture.
How to be Successful:
• Execute an action plan to successfully transition the enterprise vulnerability assessment solution.
• Continue roll out of Tanium to all workstations and servers.
• Execute an action plan to successfully roll out Varonis to all state agencies.
• Work with Documentation Working Group to track progress, provide updates, address concerns, and gather feedback for continuous improvement.
• Conduct weekly status meeting with team to review progress, discuss challenges, and adjust project plan as needed to ensure milestones are on track.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with the security team to discuss innovative ideas for enhancing the state’s cybersecurity posture and identifying potential areas for improvement.
• Create, review and update project documentation, including project plans, risk assessments, and incident response procedures, to maintain accurate records and support future project evaluations.
- 3 years of Strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and best practices Required
- 3 years of Strong hands on security operations experience Required
- 3 years of Experience managing complex cybersecurity projects, with a focus on security operations, incident response, or related areas Required
- 3 years of Advanced computer skills and in-depth knowledge of different operating systems, network administration, and service desk administration Required
- 3 years of Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, drive successful project outcomes while promoting collaboration Required
- 3 years of Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholder Required
- 3 years of Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles, frameworks, and best practices (e.g., NIST Cybersecurity Framework, CIS Controls) Required
- 3 years of Analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve project-related issues Required
- 1 years of Previous Government (federal, state, local, etc) Experience Required
- 3 years of Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines Required
- Project experience rolling out Tanium and Varonis (or similar technologies) Highly desired
- PMP Cert or equivalent Highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or relate field Desired
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY
“Celebrating 30 years of service”