|Date Posted||September 18, 2021|
If you are a technical Project Manager or engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you in our Cybersecurity Group! Based in our Pittsburgh, PA location, you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of cybersecurity projects.
AS A PROJECT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Plan, forecast, and manage project execution from start to finish, working with technical leads and/or group managers or designated mentor as needed, including necessary activities, procurements, resources, and schedule milestones.
- Be the primary technical point of contact for all cybersecurity projects, responsible for responding to customer technical questions or escalating as necessary.
- Technically support product deployments and on-site installations as needed
- Assure Emerson's commitments to customers are met, in accordance with contract, and seeks to improve customer satisfaction through resolution to problems with speed and professionalism and consistent customer interaction. (communication, and customer meetings, e.g. kick-off, status reviews. etc.)
- Utilize contract terms and conditions, and negotiation skills to maximize scope and change management, as well as cashflow, margin, and to limit liabilities.
- Minimize exposure to risk on the assigned projects by reviewing data from project sources and knows when to engage management for final resolution of various issues. Make preliminary resolution and recommendations during management reviews for such issues.
- Manage project budget to meet established budgetary and schedule requirement.
- Effectively apply quality procedures and enforces best practices. Comply with quality and schedule requirements, using appropriate gate reviews as established in quality procedures, and maintain related documentation for use during internal and external audits.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to Client to ensure highest quality standards are met.
WHO YOU ARE:
You find common ground and drive things to consensus, ensuring that all feel heard. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks and you promote a sense of urgency and establish and enforce individual accountability in the team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity, related science or technical field, or equivalent combination of technical education and related experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years of applicable project manager experience dealing with enterprise customer facing IT projects
- Practical knowledge of Project Management techniques and tools, risk management, change management, resource management.
- Travel to customer sites in the region up to 50% of the time, multiple overnight stays.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Previous project management/ leadership experience in Cybersecurity
- Project Management Institute (PMP) certification or similar professional certification.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].