|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber security is not just a singular part of our mission—it connects every one of us because it’s embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Cybersecurity and Privacy Oversight Support Lead joining our team to support NASA activities at NASA HQ in Washington, D.C.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cybersecurity and Privacy Oversight Support Lead supporting NASA, you will be trusted to provide technical oversight for NASA Site Leads for all Centers and assigned Service Lines.
- Lead and provide oversight to Cybersecurity & Privacy Site Leads who oversee local staff for respective Center/Facility
- Ensures Center/Facility specific needs and issues are addressed and scheduled
- Support activities in coordination with Government to include continuous security monitoring, vulnerability assessment support, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) support and Certification/Accreditation support for the on-going assessment, planning, integration, and recommending enhancement of systems
- Assesses client objectives, conducts gap analysis, and identifies and evaluates requirements
- Support the design, integration and operation of Cybersecurity systems for the protection of networks, systems, and infrastructure
- Maintain, and optimize existing monitoring, intrusion detection, and vulnerability
- Oversee improvement and innovation efforts and initiatives as part of the Continual Service Improvement Process
- Understands client’s available resources and recommends resource-effective solutions to enhance enterprise performance, reliability, maintainability, and availability
- Engages GDIT Solutions Architect team to prepare ROM/proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, and/or terms & conditions related to special projects or other opportunities
- Support technical and forensic investigations and provide support to incident response process.
- Evaluates technical trends and provides recommendations for future technology insertion
- Coordinates and may participate in technology briefs and demonstrations
- Strengthen relationship and visibility with partners across the Agency and promote cybersecurity best practices and awareness
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with large scale, enterprise IT O&M, technologies, and programs
- One or more DoD 8570.01-M Cyber Certifications
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and writing).
- Excellent client-facing communication skills; ability to present and defend complex technical and management priorities at all customer levels
- Current Top Secret Clearance is preferred
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
• Full-flex work week
• 401K with company match
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
• Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking “Share.”
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
USA MD Greenbelt
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.