|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Cybersecurity Posture Assessment Services Lead
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber security is not just a singular part of our mission—it connects every one of us because it’s embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Cybersecurity Posture Assessment Services Lead joining our team to support NASA activities in the Washington D.C. area.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cybersecurity Posture Assessment Services Lead supporting NASA, you will provide leadership and support Cybersecurity Posture Assessment Services across the entire NASA enterprise.
Cybersecurity Posture Assessment Services (CPAS) encompass scans, reviews, testing, exercises, and other technical activities that enable NASA to maintain a continuous understanding of the cybersecurity posture of Agency networks, systems, applications, processes, and personnel. These services are performed by enterprise service providers and, in some cases, by Center and mission organizations.
- Ensure that all findings from CPAS activities are reported in NASA’s authoritative enterprise cybersecurity repositories or solutions, as directed by the Government
- Use only NASA-authorized tools, solutions, and information systems in the performance of all CPAS activities
- Use NASA enterprise tools in the performance of all CPAS activities
- Ensure that any infrastructure, hardware, and software required for the performance of CPAS activities meet the requirements for obtaining and maintaining an ATO
- Assist the Government in planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, and continuously improving a comprehensive capabilities and processes for performing network, system, and application vulnerability scanning
- For all scanning activities, track findings to closure using enterprise reporting and ticketing tools
- Assist with the integration of NASA’s vulnerability management requirements, processes, and capabilities with cybersecurity risk management
- Assist the Government in developing risk mitigation strategies to resolve identified vulnerabilities and recommend security changes to systems as needed
- Assist the Government in tracking and dispositioning CyHy findings
- Develop and implement a plan for initial and ongoing reviews of the security posture of NASA OT systems.
- Based on lessons learned and results from cybersecurity scanning and other CPAS activities, provide recommendations for improving NASA’s CPAS capabilities
- Support vulnerability management policy development, process analysis, systems engineering, compliance oversight, documentation, and technical support services
- Evaluate NASA’s cybersecurity and privacy incident response readiness and effectiveness through Incident Response Assessments (IRA), and Red Team assessments.
- Conduct all penetration testing in accordance to established rules of engagement and NASA policies and procedures
- Support the Government in developing the plans, procedures and solutions needed to conduct social engineering assessments in compliance with Federal mandates and NASA requirements
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 10+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- One or more DoD 8570.01-M Cyber Certifications
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams/activities in a geographically diverse, complex federal enterprise large organization
- Knowledge of emergent IT technologies and industry trends and the impact on cybersecurity requirements and solutions
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
USA MD Greenbelt
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.