|Published||June 4, 2023|
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We've got what you're looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Cybersecurity Operations Specialist to join our team! In this role you will get to be part of a team that supports USCYBERCOM's internal command IT systems and the enterprise at large, to include one-of-a-kind cyberspace operations systems.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information.
- Ensures the rigorous application of cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all Information Technology (IT) and cybersecurity services.
- Develops and designs security solutions to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information throughout the enterprise.
- Identifies, plans, and documents improvements to security controls. Develops and documents recommendations and courses of action (COAs) to solve complex cybersecurity problems.
- Develops and interprets cybersecurity requirements and assists in the formulation of cybersecurity/IT plans and operations.
- Ensures the assessment and implementation of identified computer and network environment fixes as part of the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management program.
- Guides the implementation of appropriate operational structures and processes to ensure an effective cybersecurity program
- Review System Security Plans (SSP) and solutions
- Evaluate and document the effectiveness of solutions implemented to provide the "CIA Triad"
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- One of following security certifications (active status): CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CCISO - (minimum DoD 8570 IAM Level II Certification)
- Active TS/SCI + Polygraph
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Experience with DoD Cyber Security Service Providers (CSSP) and related activities
- Experience with DoD Cybersecurity Policies
- Experience with Xacta Solutions (Xacta 360)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Exposure to AWS (Amazon Web Services), ACAS (Security scanning software), vCenter, WSUS (Windows Server Update Service), and/or STIGs/IAVA
- A problem solver who can get in, be given a project, and use engineering skills to determine a solution
- Able to build systems from the ground up - network architecture/systems engineering
Location: Fort Meade/Columbia, MD (Customer Site - CANX)
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what's next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
$113,100.00 - $203,600.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company's core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee's wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest-APPLY TODAY!