|Date Posted||August 20, 2021|
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Pay Rate: $140,000/year + 16% bonus and full benefits (Direct Hire)
If you are an experienced Cybersecurity Operations Manager looking for a position with a leading company, Lorien can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Cybersecurity Operations Manager. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Cybersecurity Operations Manager
Your specific duties as a Cybersecurity Operations Manager will include:
- We are seeking a talented Cybersecurity Operations Manager to be responsible for the overall end-to-end management of the company's cybersecurity operations for corporate systems and financial systems in a multi-datacenter / multi-customer environment. This position will be required to develop and lead the Security Operations team in the execution of the company’s cybersecurity strategy for the delivery of secure, scalable infrastructure systems and services.
- The incumbent works with management and other technical teams in support of PCI audits, NCUA field examinations, corporate audits, external audits, and high-profile customer audits. The Manager, Cybersecurity Operations develops and implements strategic, technical, and operational security/infrastructure controls that are properly aligned with business goals and objectives. This position manages the Security Operations team responsible for maintaining security configurations for routers, switches, and firewalls and for using applicable encryption methods. This role is also responsible for providing information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information.
- This position is flexibly remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work
- Ability to provide day-to-day management to Cybersecurity personnel in an IT Department in multiple office and data center locations.
- Must be able to carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Manages, coordinates, and prioritizes the schedules, projects, and activities of direct reports.
- Works with management to coordinate responses to information security control testing and vulnerability scans, audits, and assessments. Implements practices to optimize this process across the organization for the proactive reduction of organizational risk.
- Manages security vendors including Approved Scanning Vendors, Managed Security Service Providers, and external pen test vendors.
- Oversees Company Information Security operations.
- Executes and improves the core functions of the Cybersecurity Operations Center, including threat detection and prevention, incident response, systems and network security monitoring, forensics, vulnerability management, and data loss prevention at enterprise scale. Review’s computer security incident reports and anomalous activity of network and ensures ongoing proactive measures to mitigate risks as well as providing tier 1-2 escalation path for resolving security incidents
- Responsible for creating and maintaining dashboards that monitor infrastructure security and DLP KPIs.
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant on information security projects/initiatives, automation of security testing.
- Participates in major new system implementation projects to ensure that appropriate security controls are built into systems prior to production cutover.
- Works closely with the IT Architecture team to design and implement automated security controls in DevSecOps methodology along with the associated tools and processes.
- Ensures ongoing system and network health checks on identified high risk network segments, systems, and applications as well as follow up remediation.
- Uses tools and techniques to collect, analyze and aggregate data loss prevention, security information event management, privileged account management, and data encryption
- Ensures the monitoring of intrusion detection and security information management systems to discover and mitigate malicious activity on networks.
- Works with Investigation team(s) on serious security violations.
- Manages team to conduct root cause analysis for operational security issues.
- Drives process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the other Enterprise Information Service Teams.
- Acts as a catalyst for change to improve security processes that benefit the organization.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring, and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
Cybersecurity Operations Manager
As a Cybersecurity Operations Manager you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual, and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology plus minimum of 8 years of related experience including at least 3 years of relevant supervisory experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
- In depth knowledge of PCI/DSS, SOC audits, and other industry audits.
- In depth knowledge of security processes.
- In depth knowledge of incident response, investigative, and forensic procedures.
- In depth knowledge of security tools including threat detection and prevention, systems and network security monitoring, vulnerability management, certificate services, data loss prevention (DLP), file integrity monitoring (FIM), endpoint protection (IDR/EDR), certificate services, web application firewalls (WAFs), and SIEM technologies.
- Broad knowledge of Identity Access Management, including PAM/PIM.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise systems, operating systems, and hardware platforms.
- Broad knowledge of storage technologies, local storage, Arrays, SAN's, IP-Storage, NAS, File Systems.
- Broad Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to respond to political challenges.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Enterprise objectives.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals of all levels with varying technical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preferred Certifications:
- PCI ISA
Cybersecurity Operations Manager
As a Cybersecurity Operations Manager with Lorien, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We provide our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment, and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Cybersecurity Operations Manager Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Keywords: Cybersecurity Operations Manager, IAM, Active Directory, Azure, Security, SSO