|Published||June 4, 2023|
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$84,800.00 - $139,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cybersecurity professional to join the Security Operations team. If you are passionate about Cybersecurity and willing to take on new and complex challenges as a member of creative and collaborative team in a fast-paced learning environment, this may be the right opportunity for you!
This role will directly support the continuous maturation of our Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) framework via the development of automated SOC workflows. The ideal candidate will bring a background/experience in a hands-on Cybersecurity role, as well as proficiency in programming and/or scripting in Python, ideally in a structured development environment. Working experience with RESTful APIs, as well as web frameworks (such as Django or Flask), and version control and source code management. Other responsibilities include monitoring, alert triage, investigation, and mitigation/response actions as well as documentation, reporting, and communications of Cybersecurity events.
What Will You Do?
* Build and maintain automation scripts (playbooks) and associated documentation in support of ongoing tuning of the Security Orchestration and Automated Response tooling. This includes:
* Develop, test, document, and implement new or upgraded automations or scripts.
* Works with Threat Detection and cross-organizational teams to resolve gaps in automated response and resolves deficiencies.
* Observes and recommends changes to processes and technologies, including automation. Implements with management review.
* Provide operational support, trouble shooting and maintenance of security-related processes, controls, or products.
* Provide training and demoing of automation to the end user and SOC, as well as solicit feedback for improvements from end users and SOC management.
* As part of onboarding and ongoing automation responsibilities, this role will assist in identifying anomalies, malware, exploit attempts, and other attacks using the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and SOAR platforms.
* May participate in SOC investigations to determine root cause of events and understand the role that automation played in the events.
* Independently analyze and resolve problems of medium to high complexity.
* Consults with SOC peers to support and resolve cybersecurity events.
* Ensures events are properly documented for use in dashboard metrics and reports for management and security stakeholders.
* Provides consultation and guidance to team members and management concerning automation development and gaps in the automation landscape.
* Participates in other security and enterprise projects as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
* Three years of relevant experience with Cybersecurity practices, processes, and Cybersecurity event investigation/resolution is preferred.
* Experience with cybersecurity incident response is preferred.
* Experience developing or scripting with Python (3.x) required.
* Familiarity with RESTful API architecture is required, and direct experience with API scripting outputs via Python/curl for integration with disparate systems is highly preferred.
* Experience with terminal/scripting programs (PowerShell, shell (bash), etc.) is preferred.
* Experience with web frameworks, such as Django or Flask, is preferred.
* Experience with query languages such as SQL, SPL, or KQL, is preferred.
* Understanding of security concepts, best practices, and emerging trends is required.
* Proven problem-solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems.
* Skills and experience with data platforms such as Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic, etc., are a benefit.
* CI/CD experience utilizing tools such as GitHub, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
* Practical exposure with automation tools like Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
* Skills and experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, is a benefit.
* Experience providing high-level administrative support with a comprehensive knowledge of specific Cybersecurity methodologies, processes and software packages and a conceptual understanding of other Cybersecurity procedures and policies preferred.
What is a Must Have?
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Three years of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
What Is in It for You?
* Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
* Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
* Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
* Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
* Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.