|Date Posted||April 23, 2021|
The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) works to make the power grid smarter by developing and deploying innovative information technology solutions to meet New York’s dynamic energy needs. The NYISO’s Information Technology department invites applications for a full-time Cybersecurity Operations Center Analyst role.
The NYISO Cybersecurity Operation Center’s (CSOC) mission is to provide a central point for 24x7x365 continuous security monitoring of NYISO’s computing environments and for responding to cyber threats, vulnerabilities and incidents that can disrupt and/or compromise the mission and operation of the NYISO. The Cybersecurity Operations Center Analysts will perform a wide range of technical cybersecurity services with a focus on responding to cyber threats, intrusions, and incidents. These individuals will serve as the first line support for all Cybersecurity event reporting (including cyber threats and vulnerabilities) and provide support emergency Incident Response services. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and provide analysis\trending of security event data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices such as: Security Impact and Event Management (SIEM) systems, Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems, Anti-malware infrastructure, Secure Configurations, vulnerability scanners, etc…
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event information. Escalate intrusions and compromises to NYISO’s network infrastructure, applications and operating systems to the CSIRT as needed.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigate, document and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations. Analysts are required to work shift rotations to support around the clock (24x7x365) coverage of the CSOC.
This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations. Analysts are required to work shift rotations to support around the clock (24x7x365) coverage of the CSOC.