|Date Posted||March 7, 2019|
TEKsystems has a long term contracting opportunity available with one of our clients in the Princeton, NJ area.
Please note: this individual must be able to work as a W2 contractor directly for TEKsystems.
The CyberSecurity Operational Support Analyst role is part of a Cyber Threat Operations team providing level 2 support for our client's Incident Response team.
- Serve as a consultant performing incident response triage and analysis using network security tools in a CIRT/SOC environment. Primary tools capabilities include Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Network Full Packet Capture, Malware Sandbox, and SIEM
- Responsible for detection and response for advanced threats. Recognizes and identifies potential threats to the network and systems connected to the network from the Internet and Intranet.
- Operates, documents, and maintains security controls. Monitors for, and investigates potential security breaches.
- Part of a team that reviews internal and external network traffic to create policies that intercept Malware and other network attacks using network packet capture and other network IDS capabilities.
- Member of team responsible for the infrastructure support, configuration, and use of the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) environment, to detect and respond to advanced threats.
- Second-level support to review, triage, analyze, and respond to alerts received in SIEM and other cyber security detection tools. Proactively review network data packets for potential attacks
- Malware analysis as appropriate. Support forensic investigations as appropriate
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of InfoSec experience, preferably in a CIRT/SOC environment
- Minimum of 3 years but prefer 5+ years of Networking, TCP/IP, switching/routing/firewall experience.
- Minimum of 2 years but prefer 5 years of Network analysis, with a focus on security, tcpdump, windump, wireshark.
- Experience with host-based triage, forensics, and malware analysis using Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tool
- Experience analyzing network traffic with network monitoring toolset. Experience analyzing log events and alerts in a SIEM environment
- Experience using a malware sandbox
- Experience with cyber incident response
- Experience with software and OS vulnerability, CVE, patch and threat analysis
- Written and verbal communication at a level appropriate for customer interaction/visibility
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline is strongly preferred but will look at candidates with equivalent experience
- Helpful industry certifications: CISSP, SANS GIAC (GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA), CCIE, CCNA, CEH, Security+, Network+, and other security vendor specific certs.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.