|Date Posted||January 28, 2021|
The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Cybersecurity Manager to support efforts for the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) portion of the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
This Cybersecurity Manager will manage the day to day activities of a small team. This position will require the ability to travel for the first 6-9 months of hire.
- Manage and support security architecture & engineering efforts into the information technology lifecycle.
- Assist in architecture and engineering development, implementation, integration, maintenance and improvement of cybersecurity systems to meet particular needs with regard to building software/hardware components and supporting technical infrastructure.
- Additional responsibilities include; technical planning, development and integration, verification and validation of cybersecurity systems.
- Lead / Manage a small to mid-sized team consisting of experienced cybersecurity professionals.
- Collect and organizes cybersecurity information required for preparation of user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, and reports at a complex level.
- Conduct interviews, performance reviews and other managerial duties.
- Writes materials such as proposals & brochures.
- Be involved in the writing of press releases to provide accuracy and transparency to all stakeholders.
- Rewrite technical materials within the company to maintain accuracy within departments.
- Collect information for technical reasons.
- BA/BS and 5+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M: IAT II minimum
- ABILITY TO TRAVEL FOR THE FIRST 6-9 MONTHS OF HIRE
- Prior NGEN experience
- TS/SCI DoD Security Clearance
- IAM level I certification
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.